• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising | litotes

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Litotes finds that it is easy to be with Lepis. She has a blunt way about her that most of the women in his life do, so what may appear as biting to some is welcome to him. He smiles at the way her words twist harshly around each other - most are not so bold as to call a ruler’s kingdom a “wasteland.” It is that queer confidence that saves her quick tongue, at least with the shadow-weaver, and he leans into whatever banter they may discover.

“Hm . . . so are you saying you considered a battle with all-seeing Heartfire?” Lie casts a curious - if a bit taunting - glance back at Lepis. The water is cold around his hocks, and he shivers, though his shake is mostly due to the countless thoughts now spinning in his mind. Lepis’ infusion of confidence does not go unnoticed, and the cremello finds himself perking up with an outstretched chest. His tongue turns in a way he feels he cannot control: “She is one I have yet to meet, though her reputation does not escape me. Should I watch my tongue around her?” Not that it entirely matters - the Nerinian queen can pluck this memory right from him if she so desires.

The breeze chills Litotes’ neck when he shakes it out, one ear turned to catch the comtesse’s musings. “Beqanna has a way of fighting those that take what they want,” he pauses to catch her eye, “I am sure you have already been met with conflict, and I am sure you have more to come.” He laughs, casually dragging his hellish years of rising to power to the forefront of his mind. “Make no mistake, though - Wolfbane has my loyalty, and now you do, as well. The East will provide what we can.” An almost imperceptible sigh drifts from Lie’s mouth, and he tosses a wayward glance at the sky. “I hope you do not take offense to this, but I can only hope my loyalty goes both ways. I have seen far too many turned cheeks to wonder otherwise.”

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by Lepis - 06-16-2019, 09:43 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by Lepis - 07-04-2019, 09:42 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by Lepis - 07-20-2019, 07:06 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | litotes - by litotes - 08-06-2019, 09:37 PM