• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All that is gold does not glitter; any

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    As a child, he’d always been so easily intrigued by something. Now, new things were scarcer, but they certainly still existed. And his curiosity was never sated when it came to pretty new things. This mare, for one - purple and golden and with a shimmering beauty he could probably not match, scales so fine they could be missed in one looked quickly - she was certainly most intriguing.

His shifting abilities came in handy, to keep her entertained, and possibly for her to return a similar obsession. The compelling need to know the other, more completely than before. He wants to know her. Wants to feel her, touch her, see if she’s really real - silently, the sea creature now moves the tail end of his elongated body, caressing a leg softly beneath the surface as he continues their conversation almost casually. ”Well met, Eva. My name’s Aodhán,” he tells her. ”You know, I came to explore the Ischian islands, but I find myself compelled to rather stay with you today. If you don’t mind, that is.” Honestly, if she did mind, then he’d rather not force himself to look at her and feel the pain of seeing her walking away. For now though, there was a tension between them, a magnetic pull that seemed to draw them together, closer, and he’d do nothing rather than wrap around her fully, feel as much of her as possible, carry her with him to see the corals and bright fish of way down deep below - she’s only have to say the word. ”You are a water creature, aren’t you? Have you seen the bottom of the ocean?” he wonders aloud - and carefully asking if she could breathe underwater, just to be sure. Although something inside him tells me she can, and pulling her under may have no other consequences than something completely wonderful, he’d rather make sure. Something, someone, so pretty, deserves to live and to be admired, after all.

@[Eva] I’m guessing he gets some base instincts with whatever (mythical) animal he shifts into, so there you go

Messages In This Thread
    RE: All that is gold does not glitter; any - by Aodhan - 07-28-2019, 09:47 AM