• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Wolfbane;
    ”Good,” he quips back, blatantly pleased at Wolfbane’s agreement. Their diplomacy will continue to last, their families still bearing a symbolism of friendship and trust. ”I hope for the same.” To be closely intertwined friends, confidants as Wolfbane eloquently describes. It will be a beneficial combination of prowess and power. Lepis would choose only an honorable man as a husband, right? Her heart wouldn’t play a role in betrayal, Castile hopes. Still with a lopsided grin, he blinks and looks ahead into Loess’ future with their developed ranks and established reach. Friends, he muses, a unity built on friendship and trust, not superiority.

It isn’t the manner in which Nayl would have approached it, but Castile isn’t a warmonger like mother. In his heart, beneath the scales and padlocked prison, there is compassion and a want to rest trust in others.

Shifting beneath the sunlight – he happily basks in the heat – Castile’s mismatched eyes flicker and return to his comrade’s upon the mention of Sylva. A contemplated furrow of his brows darkens his expression briefly. There has been an abundance of war and bloodshed, but he’s right; it would be so quiet across Beqanna without the expectation of another battle, another scuffle.

A deep sigh passes through him and is punctuated by a shrug of his muscled shoulders. ”Good question. I’m sure our numbers want some rest and to be with family before the next turn of events,” his gaze softens as he imagines Wolfbane seizing the opportunity to retire to Taiga with his children, minus one, and Lepis. ”That much is owed to everyone. Sylva will be taken back and given to someone trustworthy. We are right now on good terms with Pangea and Hyaline. The Pampas is quiet, and I haven’t heard news from the Cove, or the islands.” And that leaves one kingdom in his sight, one that piques his curiosity but not his hunger. ”Nerine,” a brow lifts as he regards Bane, searching his face for a reaction. ”Will you find yourself conflicted if something were to happen between them and Loess?” It would be a test of loyalty – family and duty – but Castile murmurs a word of reassurance. ”It isn’t on my radar. Nerine was my first home.” Omitting Tephra, that covers everything except an answer to the Champion’s question. ”We can still steal and challenge, even if for innocent fun, for now.”

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    Wolfbane; - by Castile - 06-19-2019, 01:34 PM
    RE: Wolfbane; - by Wolfbane - 06-20-2019, 11:01 PM
    RE: Wolfbane; - by Castile - 06-25-2019, 02:27 PM
    RE: Wolfbane; - by Wolfbane - 07-01-2019, 08:43 AM
    RE: Wolfbane; - by Castile - 07-16-2019, 10:07 AM