• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hiding in plain sight; adna

Okay, so things are going pretty well, right?

Granted, my measuring stick of “things going well” is pretty flawed. Anything where I’m not being hunted or tortured or chewed on by my family falls under the category of “pretty well”. I know that my mother and sister are lurking around because I’ve smelt the acidity of their blood in the forest, which of course encouraged me to steer clear of that area. Of course they would hunt there, where their bizarre armoured bodies are shielded by the dense trees.

If they are around that means my other mother is around as well, and her silence is more alarming to me than her presence.

Which is all a round about way of saying I’ve been avoiding the forest with all of my abilities.

Although I feel very naked and exposed in the meadow, I feel like it is my favourite place so far. For one, I’m easy to spot so if no one wants to come over and say hello they really don’t have to. And for another, I can feel the sunshine on my whole body here. Feel it between the cracks of my bones where they jut out through my skin and feel it on my hollow face. The sun makes me feel alive.

Which is very, very important when you look like death.

It’s a sunny autumn morning and autumn has this funny habit of not making me feel so bad about myself. The world is full of colours but not in the way spring and summer are with their vibrancy. Somehow I match this season pretty well. Right now I’m just standing in the middle of the meadow, away from the trees and where the long autumn-gold grass reaches past my knees and can almost tickle my belly (if I had one).

Although I feel the urge to run and play, I just pause and close my eyes for a few minutes and focus instead on breathing. What a wonderful thing to be alive.

photo from unsplash

@[adna] LATE but I hope you still don't mind me starting a thread for them!! <3333

Messages In This Thread
    hiding in plain sight; adna - by Velkan - 06-20-2019, 05:12 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by adna - 07-06-2019, 05:54 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by Velkan - 07-12-2019, 09:02 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by adna - 08-03-2019, 08:35 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by Velkan - 08-19-2019, 07:10 PM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by adna - 08-20-2019, 12:02 AM
    RE: hiding in plain sight; adna - by Velkan - 09-22-2019, 10:42 AM