• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  You say it best when you say nothing at all; any
    He notices the way she ducks away as the thought passes through his conscious. He drops his head to peer up at her after he asks her of his home, an apology strung across his face and across his mind in unison. You are kind, and good. I did not mean to embarrass you. I would love to see your home. My parents loved me but I did not stay. Being a burden, even if only to myself, was enough to make me wander. Home..Tephra.. ocean.. the words tossed back and forth in his mind as a soft smile, not quite as awkward as the first, shifted across his face. You lead, I will follow. I hope I will be pleasant company. I look forward to spending time with her.

This had been the longest he had spent in the company of another. A feeling of anxiety bubbled low in his gut, she had said he was not an inconvenience and he hoped she would feel the same by the end of their journey. His mind wondered back to the way her face turned down at the mention of her beauty, Does she question her appearance? ... I am sorry, I don't  mean to be intrusive. Why do you shy away from yourself?

No filter. The things that go unsaid by others will never remain a secret with Olver any more. He hoped she would not grow tired of his candidness.

@[Persea]
    BQolver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You say it best when you say nothing at all; any - by Olver - 06-28-2019, 11:29 AM