• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a makeshift gauge; anyone

-Adria-

Some matters and most horses are best left to themselves, something Adria tries hard to tell herself when the dark shadow of wings disturbs an otherwise lovely day. She should leave well enough alone and go back to shell hunting with Ionia. Maybe go even further and visit Tephra or Island Resort again. Her son is an adept swimmer and hardly ever on shore anymore. Eva is branching out as a young mare blossoming into adulthood should. And Ionia, her little firebreather, has finally learned to swim well enough that Adria no longer fears her being sucked away by the riptide.

All is well and it could stay that way if she let bygones simply be bygones.

But this isn’t something in her nature. She’s always been the curious type.
    With a defeated sigh Adria converses briefly with her youngest filly and then branches away from her, purposefully slow when she sets off in the direction she’d seen the great shadow descending. Before now she’d been complacent enough to let the nomadic stragglers of this island keep to themselves. There were plenty signs of life on the smaller, sister lands of this particular colony.

The Nereid wasn’t an idiot. She was just… nonconfrontational. Or she was willing to be, had the visitor not come directly to the heartland. That was something the new Dame couldn’t overlook. Not when her family was beginning to feel safe and uncontested.

The look on her face when she parts through the last line of thick, jungle trees and steps out onto the warm sands of her home is one of alluring serenity. An expertly fixated line draws her slender mouth up into a partial curve. Her gait is leisurely and surprisingly elegant for her height despite the shifting ground underneath her. Thick tumbles of mane and tail roll past her smooth shoulders and drag behind her fine legs. There’s no mistaking her attitude for anything but how it looks: pure hospitality.

In truth, she was elated to see the way these horses seemed so comfortable with one another. The picture of them engaging in easy, nearly amorous affection together is fitting given her designs for the quiet oceanic land. “My, what a lovely pair you make.” The Nereid compliments them at first. For a moment her gaze lingers on the stallion, finding it hard to turn away but she manages to with the bat of her eyelashes. Odd, she internalizes. “I won’t keep you long. Promise.”

For the sake of keeping her wits in one place, Adria turns her sole focus onto the reddish-bay mare with leathery wings. No doubt the one who’d drawn her here in the first place. “My name is Adria, and it’s certainly my pleasure to be your host here in Ischia. You’re welcome to linger or stay as long as you’d like, of course. Will he… ” She braves a glance, “ ...be your guest?”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[wrena] @[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge; anyone - by Adria - 06-22-2019, 08:18 PM