• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  ...with my name on your tongue and your tongue on my... || Chryseis
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

His bones are sharp where they jut from his skin and into hers, and even though the feeling makes her sick with worry she decides to push that aside for now. It was temporary, she tells herself. He just needed time to heal, and he would be back to normal. He would be the vibrant and daring prince he had been when they were children, and they would be back to their adventures and their grandeur dreams. They were older now, and their dreams were a little different; or hers were, at least. For this last long, seemingly endless stretch of time she had only dreamt of him. Wondering when he would come back; hoping that he hadn’t forgotten about her. Her other dreams – of having a home and a family, with him – had been put entirely on hold.

“I missed you,” she breathes across his skin, her lips caressing the nearly skeletal point of his shoulder with worry. “I missed you so much.” She can feel an alien ache in her chest, a swelling of emotion that she had been keeping at bay the entire time he had been gone. Chryseis has always tried to feign strength, she had tried to ignore the unrest that twisted into knots inside her while he was gone. But something about him being back, and being in front of her caused that resolve to crumble. Now, she is raw and open, with her face buried in the strands of his mane and breathing in his familiar scent that was now mixed with all the place he had been.

There is a muffled laugh into his neck at his suggestion, but she untangles herself from around him and nods willingly. Ducking her head beneath his wing so that it rests across her back, she falls into step alongside of him, cautious to not walk too quickly. “You mean besides missing me?” She says with a tip of her head and a flirtatious tug of his mane. “Loess burnt half of Tephra down, so I’ve been staying in Hyaline.” She casts him a sidelong glance, a ghost of nostalgia clouding her eyes as she adds softly, “It’s not the same without you, though. Nothing is.”

chryseis

@[Rhaegor]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ...with my name on your tongue and your tongue on my... || Chryseis - by Chryseis - 08-25-2019, 08:02 PM