• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I see your face in the reflections of the moon; adaline/laura pony

I'm wasted, losing time; I'm a foolish, fragile spine
    I want all that is not mine; I want him but we're not right

She has spent so long spiraling out by herself.

Perhaps it is not surprising that she has finally met the storm that would be her undoing. Perhaps it is not that surprising that her mind has finally shattered. Just the right amount of pressure in the right place and she is made anew and broken apart all at once. The world around her is not her own and yet it is the only one that she has ever known. She breathes in the poison and marvels that she can keep breathing at all.

She walks until she sees him and when she does, her dual hearts, her greedy hearts, clench in her chest. She wants to run to him. She wants to break her legs until she is crashing into the glass edges of him, letting him cut her open. She wants him in all the ways she never should have; she wants to know that he is the same, that they are the same, and these new memories are false. That she is still Adaline.

But she restrains.

She feels these new shackles of a life that is not her own rise up and grab her, leaving her quiet and subdued. She walks to him slowly, wings folding over her back, her pink eyes delicate and wide. When she is near enough, she pauses, aching to reach for him. “Contagion,” she says his name and even that much feels like too much—the heartbreak threatening to rip her delicate body open finally.

“Did you know that my name is Charity?”

She asks it suddenly and her face is awash with grief, with confusion.

“I have a daughter.”

This is more difficult to admit, more impossible to believe, but she does, she does.

He had said her name was Charity and, oh, it is so easy to believe it.

“I don’t remember her.”

Her face crumples slightly as she closes her eyes, her breath coming in gasps, her slender chest heaving as she tries to find her bearings. “I don’t know what I remember anymore. I don’t know, I don’t know.”

in the darkness, I will meet my creators
    and they will all agree that I'm a suffocator

Adaline

@[contagion]

HI ILY. she's losing her mind a little it's fine.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I see your face in the reflections of the moon; adaline/laura pony - by adaline - 07-06-2019, 05:12 PM