• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dior falls on the floor; starsin & ana
    OPHANIM
    When Starsin told him a strange woman had left an egg for him back in Loess, he assumed her disgust was due to his infidelity. As he stands back in his homeland, however, he finds himself trapped in a mixture of horror and awe as the pastel pink shell wobbles back and forth. Something is screeching from inside and he can hear claws scraping the inside of the shell as the thing inside fights for freedom. He swallows nervously and lowers his head to the unborn baby, only to be bumped on the nose as it wobbles in his direction. His wings fan out and he stumbles back in shock as the shell begins to splinter.

Don’t get me wrong, I regret what I did regardless, but I really regret it now,” he says to his wife without looking in her direction. A small leg bursts from the egg with snatching pink talons and he feels the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. Ophanim wasn’t sure what to expect but it definitely wasn’t that. Another leg quickly erupts in much the same fashion, little clawed feet still grasping angrily at air before a small pink head finally emerges. Without thinking, he edges closer to Starsin and presses tight to her side.

The hatchling shatters the remains of her birthing prison and rolls onto her belly, a shade of pink that is almost white with equally light brindling in mauve. Her little wings shine like the sun and she would be a gorgeous thing if she would STOP SNAPPING HER TEETH. The newborn paws playfully at the dirt beneath her with her talons and gives little screeches and croons of delight at having finally entered this world. When she sneezes the afterbirth from her throat, a plume of fire escapes her and catches the dry winter grasses on fire.

Ophanim rushes forward to stomp the fires out before they spread, throwing in a terrified glance at Starsin as he does so. He’s distracted enough that he doesn’t notice his daughter wiggling closer with those snapping baby fangs until she twists her head and bites his leg curiously. The angel boy cries out in mostly surprise and stumbles back once more while the baby giggles. Her little halo flickers into existence above her head and he can’t help but think it’s out of place on her head. Still, she doesn’t seem to notice and instead begins to test out her spindly legs as she tries to stand for the first time.

Starsin, I love all my children, I really do,” he says as he finally turns to look at her. “But I think she’s too rowdy for even Loess.
    you could drown in those eyes, i said.
    @[Starsin] @[Anaxarete]

Messages In This Thread
    dior falls on the floor; starsin & ana - by Ophanim - 07-01-2019, 04:52 PM