• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dior falls on the floor; starsin & ana

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

The little girl is clearly different than any other child she has encountered; not just because she just hatched from an egg, but the sounds she made and the way she watched them. She didn’t know much about the child’s mother, and she didn’t want to know, either. Over time she has learned to tolerate the by-products of Ophanim’s ventures, but the thought of him touching and being with anyone else still caused her blood to surge hot and jealousy to swell in her chest. Not as though she was in the position to judge him this season, but that did little to quell her envy when she mulled too much over the fact that they were standing here staring at a child that wasn’t both of theirs.

But, she has never came across one that was quite like this, and for the most part, her curiosity was outweighing anything else. The firebreathing, the talons, and other draconian traits were all to be expected, but this one was just...different. “The halo doesn’t really suit her,” she muses as she withdraws from the small girl to press closer into Ophanim once more. She had managed to not have any fire blown in her direction, and she didn’t want to push her luck.

“I mean you can call her Demon Baby if you want, but everyone is going to judge you for it.” By now the little girl had wriggled herself in between them, and Starsin could do nothing but frown down at her as she began plowing the earth and piling it at her feet. Strange though she may be, she was still oddly pretty, with her unique coloring and the glowing halo and her peculiar wings. “I don’t think Ciara’s a weird name. I like it.”  Her dark blue eyes shift to meet his gaze, her voice flattening as she adds briskly, “Not that my opinion really matters, because she’s not mine.” Her jaw tightens, but whatever brief flash of jealousy and anger she had felt she allows to die; she didn’t want to fight with him, not again, and not over something that was too late to change anyway.

So instead, she releases another sigh, and the tension that had built up in her body goes along with it. With her shoulder resting lightly against his, she presses her lips to his cheek, letting her touch linger just a little longer than usual. She is only distracted when from the corner of her eye she witnesses Ciara inspecting a worm, before promptly eating it.

“Why the hell does her mouth glow?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dior falls on the floor; starsin & ana - by Starsin - 07-04-2019, 02:36 AM