• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's a bad moon on the rise; Popinjay
    She doesn't notice Lepis' anxiety. It's not that she isn't observant, only that she is a child, and as a child, she picks up on the things that are relevant to her. The nervousness of impending motherhood, when so many unknown paths exist, is not one that she can understand. Instead, the filly is filled with the bright gaiety of her youth, and the winged mare has calmed before Popinjay returns her attentions to her.

Introductions pass with a warm breath, a promise of more feathers, and a name. Lepis and Lethy and Aten and Turul. She is collecting names as well as feathers! On request, she lets the feather drop from her lips, twirling quickly through the air until it settles among the fallen evergreen needles, and after watching it for a moment, she turns her wide-eyed gaze back to Lepis.

"My name is Popinjay!" She announces, boldly, with a toss of her head, "Lethy brought me here to meet Barry Bushes, but we haven't seen him yet... Have you seen him? It's okay if you haven't, I think maybe he's shy and that's why we haven't found him. We did find Aten though, and he has a bird named Turul. Me and Turul are friends."

She arches her neck to emphasize her friendship with the golden stallion's gyrfalcon, eyes shut and tail flipped over her back, but this pose last only a second, a brief pause, a breath's length.

"Do you have a bird? I never saw a horse with wings before I came here. Did you eat him? Is that why you have wings? Aten won't eat Turul to get wings, will he? He better not!"

Popinjay stamps her foot, scarring the moss underfoot and laying bare a small spot of rich soil. No, he better not try to eat Turul! She will bite him, if he does!

Popinjay
    She was not quite what you would call refined

Messages In This Thread
    RE: there's a bad moon on the rise - by Popinjay - 07-18-2019, 11:17 PM
    RE: there's a bad moon on the rise - by Lepis - 07-19-2019, 07:03 PM
    RE: there's a bad moon on the rise - by Popinjay - 07-19-2019, 09:36 PM
    RE: there's a bad moon on the rise; Popinjay - by Popinjay - 07-25-2019, 07:00 PM