• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

All things want to open. [any]
    Neverwhere is beginning to settle into the conversation now, Lilliana's persistence overpowering her own childish resistance. She feels that familiar twinge in her belly that hates to do what is normal and expected, that drives her nomadic lifestyle and is the foundation of the walls she builds around herself. Part of that foundation has crumbled, although her cool expression doesn't change.

And all it took was a relentless, if gentle, round of questioning.

That's not very impressive, actually, the mare huffs to herself, her pale eyes coming to meet the clearer blue gaze of the chestnut mare and holding steady despite the fact that they miss fine details. She cannot see the tiny changes of countenance, but she can hear the distaste in Lilliana's voice just fine in spite of the shortened nature of her ears, and it is obvious that some history lies beneath the surface. This advice is more than the suggestion of a fellow adventurer, Lilliana knows something about that place.

"I'm not very fond of swimming, so unless I can find a portal out of Beqanna, as I did into it, I don't expect I will find my way there. Still... I'll keep that in mind."

For her own part, Neverwhere does frequently find herself in the mountains, so it's not unlikely that she would end up in exactly that place if she were to leave the continent. However, as much as she may be unnerved by the things magic can do, swimming out into open water is a spectacularly bad idea. Perhaps that is just as well, because it would seem that there is magic to be wary of beyond Beqanna's shores. It is hard to imagine how she managed to avoid so much when it seems so prevalent, and yet, there's so little of magic in her own background that it makes her wary. And here, it's used so easily and without a second thought to what toll it must take elsewhere, as if it doesn't upset the balance somewhere out of sight.

"It would seem that I'll be staying here for a time, regardless of the plagues and wars and magic" she says, her gaze turning quizzical, "however you don't seem the sort to be seeking those things."

Lilliana's question troubles her, however. What is she planning. Nothing, obviously, so painfully, obviously, nothing. But the time fast approaches that decisions will have to be made. Tumbleweeds only roll because they are dead.

Neverwhere

Messages In This Thread
    All things want to open. [any] - by Neverwhere - 07-06-2019, 03:33 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-07-2019, 07:47 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-09-2019, 06:28 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-14-2019, 08:30 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-20-2019, 02:34 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by Neverwhere - 07-21-2019, 07:47 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-23-2019, 06:25 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-27-2019, 02:22 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 07-27-2019, 07:44 PM
    RE: All things want to open. [any] - by lilliana - 08-02-2019, 09:56 PM