• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  darkness exists to make light truly count; litotes
    litotes

If Litotes knew he would one day call the night his home, he would not have wasted so much time beneath the sun. Ever since receiving control of darkness, he finds the burn of the sun far too invasive. What gentle light the moon offers is just enough, just silvery enough to feel pleasant upon his eyes. Everyday he falls into the twilight like an exhausted laborer falls into clean sheets. The darkness welcomes him with a cool wind and a sweet whisper.

It is rare, now, that Litotes finds time to himself. Between stepping into a new crown and caring for his family, leisurely trips away from the East are few and far between. So, tingling with a restlessness and general dissatisfaction, the shadow-king steps from the colorful sunset of Pangea and into the arms of a quiet meadow. The transition is fairly smooth: red clay slowly melding into barely sprouting pre-spring grass. Yellow straws of grass shiver and sway against the cremello’s legs as he passes further into the meadow; he wraps thick shadows around him to combat the invasive sensation.

Trees rustle their welcome as they thicken around Litotes. He sighs into their embraces, engulfing himself in the darkness the tangled canopy provides. For the first time in months, the muscles in his shoulders and along his spine relax.

The shadow-weaver is dancing among the trees, leaning left and then right, brushing bark just enough to raise smooth hairs. He is happy, relaxed, focusing entirely on staying afoot and wrapping ribbon after ribbon around the plants he passes. When he is tired, he slowly comes to a halt, legs still shuffling with energy his mind does not have. Lie breathes heavily, chilly winter air nearly rejuvenated his lungs.

Finally, he spots her. Completely disengaged from his own web, the stallion whickers excitedly, bobbing his chin up and down happily. “Peridot!” he eventually calls, prancing slowly in her direction. The arch of his neck slopes elegantly into the rise of his shoulder - chin tucked to his chest, hooves kicking high. Even when he reaches her side, his muscles vibrate with nervous energy. “It’s wonderful to see you, and during my preferred time.” His murmur is muffled by an affectionate nuzzle to Peridot’s neck. His mind buzzes with their previous meetings, short and sweet interactions.

“Do you want to dance together?” His smile is bashful when he asks. Vulnerability is rare for Lie, and when he offers it, he offers it sparingly.

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[jenger] <3

Messages In This Thread
    darkness exists to make light truly count; litotes - by peridot - 07-06-2019, 05:35 PM
    RE: darkness exists to make light truly count; litotes - by litotes - 07-14-2019, 09:45 PM