• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she's a little explosion of hope [kensa]

I can remember a time when I was so afraid
    when even my shadow wouldn't follow me

Love, friendship, they were so fragile, so easily broken. Snapping and cracking under the smallest placement of weight, weight that Elaina had loaded onto Aerwir without even thinking. She couldn't do it, be here, live here, and be happy. But she didn't think she could be without him.

Aerwir loved Woodlands.
    (Elaina loved Woodlands.)
    Aerwir loved it because it was home.
    (Woodlands was not home for Elaina.)

Aerwir, Lilli, Marcelo, Val, Ori they were home.

It only takes one look at his dark eyes to melt her, the brave, fiery girl falling under his sorrowful gaze. She needed very little pleading, no begging, not verbally anyway. She didn't want him to be sad, to be upset. Aerwir loved Beyond and she loved Aerwir.
    (she loved him)

She would not stay here, she would neither be near here, near him, with him. “Aerwir, don't be silly, you need to stay,” Elaina does not hesitate with her admission. “Seeing you happy would be enough for me. I can‘t stay in Beyond. I have to leave.” She paused, gazing up at his face. “Please, I want to see you smile before I leave.”
    Just. One. Smile.

In the beginning, life was simple - she with her youth and the world with its endless possibilities. Elaina had been bright-eyed and happy as a child, and those memories of her time as a filly were held close to her heart. Her parents had filled her life with happiness and never ending love. A simple, if not overly large family, and loving. The memories of her parents, cousins, and many aunts and uncles were fond.

It had been simple.
    Painfully, simple.

And now the golden girl cannot help but wonder when everything had gotten so complicated in her life. How she ended up in this strange land where she thinks her crimson cousin may be. Elaina plungers into this thought head first, not entirely aware of her surroundings, and she can almost hear Alvaro’s voice, scolding her in background to be more vigilant. But Alvaro is so far away, just like all the rest of them. She jumps slightly in surprise to the sudden appearance at her side and amber yes slip to the one who carries the voice. But a laugh finds her quickly as she shakes off her own embarrassment when she could see this stranger meant her no danger. “I suppose I am not as smart as anyone then,” she jokes, teasing herself. She sounds like her mother then, she has that sam lilting laughter as Beylani did, but it has been so long since Elaina has heard it that she will never know.

The mares comes ashore and Elaina moves slightly to the side to allow her room to join her, Elaina finding herself in desperate need of company. So when the stranger offers her name and home, the sunflower child finds herself breathing easier in that perhaps this will be more than a brief hello and goodbye. Just another face to add to the long list that Elaina has seen pass before those firestorm eyes. “Kensa, it is a pleasure,” she says. “No, I cant say that we have met, I have only seen a few faces since I have arrived in this strange, new land,” she admits. A few faces indeed, but none of them the one she was so desperately searching for. “I’m Elaina,” she offers, she didn't have anything else to give, but her name, now that she could do. “I’m from a place far from these lands, a whole other story,” she adds. Windskeep. Paraiso. Woodlands. Culloden. The Falls. Where does she even say she comes from anymore. Elaina has sunk her roots into so many places she doesn't think she will ever find a place to grow.

And then she lights up and Elaina can hardly tear herself away from the beauty that is Kensa. Elaina looks to her silence for a moment, in awe. “You’re beautiful,” she says then in admiration. “Kensa, I must confess, I don't know anything about Hyaline, I barely know where I am now,” she says, shaking her head with her confession. “I came here to find my cousin, but it would seem she is alluding me and I have suddenly gone from being surrounded by family to having no one,” she says, pulling her gaze away from the beauty that was Kensa. “Tell me of your home, Kensa.”

elaina*
    benjamin and beylani's sunflower-girl

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she's a little explosion of hope [kensa] - by Elaina - 07-11-2019, 09:24 PM