• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all the ashes in my wake; kensa

you could break my heart in two, but when it heals, it beats for you

Kensa laughs as she is nested beneath Brigade’s vast wing and as her side bumps lightly against his own she presses her lips behind his jaw. This kiss is followed by a nip, just soft enough to be alluring without overstepping. She feels his smile still, in the set of his shoulders and the tension that has bled off his frame and that is more than enough. It feels like freedom, seeing him this way, like being turned loose of any obligation on a summer’s day.

Brigade speaks to her still in the halting way of one too accustomed to holding their tongue but she draws him out carefully and listens raptly when he volunteers a little, and then more. The names he lists are unfamiliar, May, Phesque, Wonder. Wonder and Brigade. Like most would be she is intrigued to know he is part of a set and though she does not know anything about the bond between twins herself she watches his face when he speaks of the girl with whom he’d shared  a womb. When he releases her into the grotto of stone she trots a half circle around it before coming to face him. “Wonder. Does she look very much like you beyond the antlers?” Kensa has wound back to him, settling close once more. Now that she feels free to touch him she can’t seem to stop.

Her smile is as close to shy as it ever gets when he smooths the flaxen fall of her forelock from her face. She believes him, though she has only rarely been given cause not to trust someone this is different. Kensa is often convinced that too much of who she is has become wrapped up in the gold and the beauty and whatever else has changed about her.

“I was born in another place, I think it is very far and I would not know how to get back.” Her arrival in this land had just happened one day, like she’d wished to be here and suddenly was. “I am the oldest of who knows how many siblings now...I was raised by four mothers and two fathers and to this day I’m not entirely sure of who I belonged to by blood.” She shakes her head, it amuses her more than it concerns her. “It was simple, though it may not sound like it. I always had someone to keep and comfort me. I was given far too much freedom and spoiling and never learned as much patience as I ought to have.” This last she thinks he knows already, she has been impatient with him a time or two. Kensa’s smile drifts into sadness, but only just, reflective. Her lips trace the side of his face, and she tips her forehead against his cheek lightly. “You came from Tephra.” She remembers, recalling the hard set of his features when he’d told her that on that day that now seems so distant, and so she is careful with him. “Tell me what it was like to be small there.” Only this, she will not force him into the darkness she senses is tangled up in his childhood story.

Kensa

@[brigade]

Messages In This Thread
    all the ashes in my wake; kensa - by brigade - 07-07-2019, 10:29 PM
    RE: all the ashes in my wake; kensa - by Kensa - 07-07-2019, 11:28 PM
    RE: all the ashes in my wake; kensa - by brigade - 07-08-2019, 12:07 AM
    RE: all the ashes in my wake; kensa - by Kensa - 07-08-2019, 01:01 AM
    RE: all the ashes in my wake; kensa - by brigade - 07-08-2019, 01:27 AM
    RE: all the ashes in my wake; kensa - by Kensa - 07-08-2019, 09:57 PM
    RE: all the ashes in my wake; kensa - by brigade - 07-09-2019, 12:50 AM
    RE: all the ashes in my wake; kensa - by Kensa - 07-09-2019, 09:42 PM
    RE: all the ashes in my wake; kensa - by brigade - 07-09-2019, 11:09 PM