• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

EVERYONE

i'm a geyser, feel it bubbling from below
    hear it call, hear it call, hear it call to me, constantly

Castile has presented her with an opportunity and the little flame barely has the clarity to grab hold of it. The Loessian sun reflects in her eyes when she lurches upward from the patch of grass she is chewing on. Her king’s call is unmistakable; still, she merely shrugs her shoulders and continues to absently munch on food she does not actually want. Whatever he has to say she is sure she can glean from the murmurs of the dispersing crowd.

Curiosity killed the cat, some would say, and Brunhilde is nothing if not unnaturally feline. With an irritable sigh, she unfurls the flame wings that have finally finished their growth. They are strange against the air, intangible and yet still begging to lift her into the wind. She frowns, casting suspicious eyes onto the crackling appendages. A few months ago, she may have taken to the sky immediately; now, she wonders if a leap into the air is even worth it. The ground has yet to fail her.

Still, the woman sighs and tucks herself into the reassurance of her companion. Khal steps from the shadows with begrudging approval and agrees to follow her from below. If you fall, I can’t save you, though, he quips then sprints in the direction of Cas’ summoning.

Brunhilde runs and launches herself into the sky like she has seen so many other pegasus do. The dual fires unfurl from her sides and shakily lift her above the canopy. Initially, it is frightening, but she quickly finds that she moves too quickly for her butterflies, and that pleases her. Her landing is a stumble, but luckily she arrives just before the dragon king, ushering all attention away from her clattering. Khal, though, lies down next to her with a snicker. Hildy just rolls her eyes and settles into the meeting.

When Castile finishes, she wants to jump down his throat with some snarky comment about her father. Not for any real or furious reason, but mostly to stake her claim on the East, and to make her connections known. Instead, the wayward daughter of past-queens speaks first. The little flame finds the blue leopard markings with a sharp gaze, lips pressing together in a thoughtful frown. Interesting.

“I can accompany her,” the woman adds, pressing her way forward to stand at Ori’s side. She casts a sly glance in the girl’s direction before addressing Cas once again. “Though I am certain you know my father will not allow one of his territories to stand against you, and him.” Perhaps a little too bold and a little too vague, but Hildy has never been one to elaborate.

and hear the harmony only when it's harming me
    it's not real, it's not real, it's not real enough

Brunhilde

tagging @[Oriash] because brun mentions her

Messages In This Thread
    EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-08-2019, 08:52 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Oriash - 07-08-2019, 04:02 PM
    RE: EVERYONE - by brunhilde - 07-08-2019, 11:13 PM
    RE: EVERYONE - by brigade - 07-09-2019, 01:02 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Starsin - 07-09-2019, 01:59 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-17-2019, 09:34 AM