• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

EVERYONE

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

For once, things are relatively quiet.

Maybe not in her mind, and certainly not in the furthest corner of her heart where she hid every hurt and every uncertainty, but Loess, at the very least, had been quiet. The dust and ash from the war had settled, and even though Sylva’s betrayal had been another match to the fire, that part was not her battle to fight. She was hardly surprised to learn that Castile had been victorious, and the news brought a satisfied but nearly invisible smile to her face. Even if, by some chance, Sinner had won, he still would have lost. The residents of Loess never would have been loyal to him; he would have been fighting a losing battle every miserable day.

She is not the first to heed Castile’s call, but she only spares a brief glance to those that were already here; just a flicker of her intense blue eyes as she takes in each of them, and a quick flip of their thoughts. The daughter of the once-Queens, the daughter of Litotes and Kensa – and maybe her gaze lands on her just a little longer – and then some disgruntled boy that she can’t recall having seen. There is a flash of suspicion, wondering why someone would hide in the depths of the kingdom but still respond to a call, but she decides this isn’t the time or place for an interrogation.

Castile asks if anyone is interested in taking Sylva, and there is a part of her that almost says yes. But there is a larger part of her that doesn’t like the idea of leaving Loess; the only home she has ever really had, the only piece of rock and dirt she has ever found a reason to anchor herself to. It was also not something she had discussed with Ophanim, and so there is a hesitation before she says, “If no one else steps up to handle Sylva, I can do it. Temporarily.” She knows, at the very least, that Castile would not doubt her loyalty, but she also isn’t sure if she could break away from Loess long enough to stay there permanently. If anything, she could be trusted to find a suitable replacement. “I’ll also visit Ischia.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-08-2019, 08:52 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Oriash - 07-08-2019, 04:02 PM
    RE: EVERYONE - by brunhilde - 07-08-2019, 11:13 PM
    RE: EVERYONE - by brigade - 07-09-2019, 01:02 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Starsin - 07-09-2019, 01:59 AM
    RE: EVERYONE - by Castile - 07-17-2019, 09:34 AM