• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Anyone;
    ”You’re Dracarys?!” There is no shame in his excitement. His nutmeg eyes flash vibrantly as a smile hurriedly pulls the edges of his mouth, exposing small, needle-like teeth. ”Big sister!” Of course, he knows of her. She is the epitome of mother’s pride, the embodiment of everything Valdis wants in a child. ”I didn’t know if I would ever find you. Mom was stolen to Pangea and that’s where I was born, but I don’t know what or where we are going next,” the words tumble from his mouth and nearly roll together in his jubilance for finally finding the sibling he knows so much about.

Even as jealousy traces its fingers across the outskirts of his thoughts, Erio suppresses it with continued bouts of joy. It’s too great of a meeting to be dampened by the kiss of envy. She, Dracarys, is beautiful and so proud. He glances to the height of her legs and the shades of blue that dance in winter’s soft light, then a glance finds his own paws as he refuses to shift. It’s comfortable in this skin where he looks like a pup instead of a dwarfed equine. She will laugh at him or scorn him like mother does, he assumes. Another piece of his heart breaks away at the thought.

With a sigh, Erio’s smile weakens. It threatens to fall into a shadowed frown, but he fights it with every fiber of his being. Unfortunately, much of his emotions are on his sleeve, served like a platter for all to see. But if he cannot be honest with his sibling – his only sibling – then what positivity in his life can he look forward to? Erio’s tail thumps the ground once before curling around his haunches as he sits and peers up at Dracarys. ”I went to the Mountain without mother. She was in Pangea last I saw,” a fleeting thought comes and goes. Will his sister abandon him here to venture off and find Valdis? A thoughtful lick of his lips sets his mind back on track. ”I didn’t really know what to expect, or what I wanted. All I know if that I want our parents proud of me and to care about me,” his voice lowers uncomfortably and his gaze briefly falls, ”Mother looks so ashamed of me, but I don’t know why.” In truth, he does. It’s because of his shortcomings, of his defect that makes him appear so seemingly weak.

It’s because he cannot be a formidable fighter like father. He is a black mark against her and against her ability to produce strong children.

In mother’s eyes, Erio is a disgrace.

erio

@[Dracarys]

Messages In This Thread
    Anyone; - by Erio - 07-08-2019, 02:49 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Dracarys - 07-13-2019, 04:24 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Erio - 07-18-2019, 04:00 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Dracarys - 07-19-2019, 06:55 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Erio - 07-22-2019, 09:31 AM
    RE: Anyone; - by Dracarys - 07-27-2019, 12:14 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Erio - 07-31-2019, 08:47 PM
    RE: Anyone; - by Dracarys - 08-03-2019, 01:41 PM