• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Aegean] you had your maps drawn
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Aegean is a man split along the seams of reality and illusion.

He is a man born of love and made to love others and yet so often he withdraws into himself. He has fallen in love more times than he can count but never loved for more than a day; he is open and yet has never made a lasting connection. Instead he floats through life, untouched and unaffected, unrooted even though he himself has planted himself within the kingdom that would have been his right by birth. 

He has no connections, no lasting friendships, no love.

Just himself and his illusions and the dreams of the family that has long ago splintered and left.

So it is not a surprise that tonight he is by himself, standing amongst the snow with his head tipped up to watch the stars, the milky glow emitting from him so natural that he doesn’t even notice the way that it spills onto the ground around him. He does not even notice when the young girl makes her way toward him until her breathy voice catches his attention. A single ear swivels amongst the silken tangle of his forelock and mane and he takes a second before he breaks his gaze to look down at her.

His dark purple eyes are kind and quiet, his face smooth and free of emotion. “Hello, Astana,” even his voice is delicate—that line he walks between masculine and feminine woven together that he has never truly known the difference. “Is not all life a dream?” His smile is slow to curve on his face and it barely tips the edges of his velvet lips when it finally does perch there. “I do not know the difference between being awake and asleep any longer.” A deep breath as he angles his antlered head up once more.

Around him, his illusions weave, snow that drifts upward and splatters into stars that weave around her legs. Harmless illusions—just simple things of beauty. The things he craves most of all. 

“I am real, I think,” he glances down again. “My name is Aegean.”

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

wow this took way too long i am so sorry

Messages In This Thread
    [Aegean] you had your maps drawn - by Astana - 07-08-2019, 08:17 PM
    RE: [Aegean] you had your maps drawn - by aegean - 08-03-2019, 05:59 PM
    RE: [Aegean] you had your maps drawn - by Astana - 08-18-2019, 12:32 PM
    RE: [Aegean] you had your maps drawn - by aegean - 08-18-2019, 12:47 PM
    RE: [Aegean] you had your maps drawn - by Astana - 08-20-2019, 09:16 PM
    RE: [Aegean] you had your maps drawn - by aegean - 08-21-2019, 10:03 PM
    RE: [Aegean] you had your maps drawn - by Astana - 09-01-2019, 06:05 PM