• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I could hit refresh and forget
    An old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind

To leave Loess is a stretch. Cyprin has confined herself to the family’s cave, but a sudden kiss of boldness was pressed on her brow this morning that inched her from the security of her kin.

It brought her here, to an open field where she has heard the homeless congregate. To bring someone home, to assist in Loess’ continued success, spurs a sudden bout of hope in her young heart. She glances back over her shoulder a couple times, considering that she may have made a mistake, but she presses on through the wintry gales. Her warm breath spirals from her nostrils as she treads carefully across the snow, meticulously eyeing her footsteps as she crests hills and eludes rocks and shrubs. Where in the field she is to go, she isn’t quite certain. This is all new and while it rattles her nerves, it also sparks an inner excitement that approaches the adrenaline rush when she witnessed the war outbreak in Tephra.

Except this isn’t quite so violent.

She doesn’t stop until her fallen gaze notices hooves in front of her. Wide-eyed, she jerks her head up, tousling her locks. ”Oh, hello!” It was in poor taste to not watch where she was going, but the snow held so many secrets that enticed her to never look away. Without realizing, the field passed her by with hardly any notice. ”My apologies,” she murmurs with a sheepish grin as snowflakes fall across her back. Her reptilian eyes flash – the only trademark that signifies her lineage – but they adopt a complimenting shade of blue as she drinks in the sight of him.

Her pretty face lights up and smiles underneath the dappled sunlight. It reflects from the porcelain snow and dances across her softened expression. ”I’m Cyprin,” her voice is honey and sweet, hiding what insecurities she has by having left home for the very first time.

Cyprin
    lior and nayl

picture by Jiamin Zhu on pinterest

Messages In This Thread
    I could hit refresh and forget - by Camdyn - 07-11-2019, 11:24 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Cyprin - 07-12-2019, 12:37 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Ilma - 07-12-2019, 12:40 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Camdyn - 07-21-2019, 12:33 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Cyprin - 08-15-2019, 12:51 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Ilma - 08-20-2019, 01:35 PM