• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I could hit refresh and forget

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Some people have nothing to live for. They think they’re superfluous, their actions nothing more than a spin in a wheel that keeps coming back to what it was before.

She knows better. Yes, there are repetitive patterns in life; as clear as she can see her own past, she also sees future. But the future is endless and has many possibilities, none of them the same. Actions and reactions differ each time, and the angel-like mare simply doesn’t choose to go after it any more. She’s spent a large enough time in her cave secluded away, in Hyaline or even on the Mountain. She let the world pass by, plagued by visions of the past and the future.

And in the end, she decided that it doesn’t matter if she participates or not. The only thing that matters is how she feels about it, if she can live with it.

The arrival of the cranky male and the insecure girl at the half-frozen pond doesn’t bother the white-and-light mare. Her own wings are lit only dimly, her form hard to see in the distance because of the lack of a colour difference between her body and the snow. So she simply takes her drink, waiting for him to come close and for her to nearly bump into him. There is hardly anything else to do while waiting either way.

She lifts her head when they are within talking distance, and nods to them. ”Good day.” It is a greeting that she would have given any acquaintance, as if she already knew the both of them and it would be perfectly normal for them to greet one another. As if the bump never happened (she's seen it maybe half of the times she saw this meeting happen). In her mind, she already knows them - knows the way that he could, if that was the path he chose now, snap at her, and knows how he could also choose to simply introduce himself; he could even just stare at her in one of the millions of possible futures, or demand explanations which she wouldn’t bother to give if he chose to ask nicely. It is the same way in which she knows the girl - knows how she could, possibly, show a tiny bit of her lineage. Cyprin gets a smile as well; encouragingly so, even.

She knows lots of things, things that could happen, things that will. But like many other points in time, this is a breaking point - someone needs to choose something, for the future to start to happen. Sometimes the choices are limited, or one is more likely than the other (like his choice to even go here), and those common choices are ones that Ilma doesn’t bother with. But sometimes the choices are of more impact, and judging from the lines these two can create from here on, she would say that these choices made today, are pretty important.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

Excuse me while the ex-hermit goes full-oracle ^^
    @Camdyn
    tag removed and added, after edit because @[Cyprin] beat me to this by just 1 minute lmao
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    I could hit refresh and forget - by Camdyn - 07-11-2019, 11:24 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Cyprin - 07-12-2019, 12:37 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Ilma - 07-12-2019, 12:40 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Camdyn - 07-21-2019, 12:33 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Cyprin - 08-15-2019, 12:51 PM
    RE: I could hit refresh and forget - by Ilma - 08-20-2019, 01:35 PM