• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  don't let those butterflies out - velkan

If you look really REALLY REALLY closely, you can see my eyes widen as the chestnut mare speaks and I have to fight the urge not to shuffle back and away from the bank even further. I really really don’t want to get splashed with the cold water!! I don’t have any fat on me, do you know how quickly cold temperatures just seep into my bones?? Instantly! Because they’re right near the surface!!

The reason you’d have to look really ridiculously closely to see my eyes widen is because there’s no rim of white to give away my temporary fear – everything about those eyes (and, indeed, about me) is black. Which makes it really hard, for example, a moment later when I realize that she won’t splash me because she’s smiling and introducing herself, for me to convey my joy and relief that she’s not just a big ol’ meanie.

That is, until I start talking – because my voice carries every drip of happiness and emotion that my expression can’t.

“I’m Velkan.” The words come out rushed, all squished together like imvelkan because I want to introduce myself as FAST as possible so that we’re not strangers anymore. I like her expression being more playful though, and it causes me to relax.

“I’ll have to be more careful about mentioning dares in the future, especially when it’s so cold out.” I say as I grin at Lilliana. “Did your mom have any other good advice?”

I mean hey, I didn’t get any good advice from my own mothers so I might as well see if there’s anything I can learn second-hand, right?

artwork by space1993

@[lilliana] I am the WORST I swear it won't take me 2 months to reply next time but if you don't want to continue this thread I understand lmao

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't let those butterflies out - velkan - by Velkan - 10-08-2019, 03:59 PM