• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  all I've ever known is how to hold my own

I can remember a time when I was so afraid
    when even my shadow wouldn't follow me

Like so many other individuals, Elaina was not without a few skeletons in her closet. She has kept quiet her secrets while in this land. How her parents had died when she had been nothing more than a child, how she had been chased down by a wicked, icy maniac, and she has not told anyone about how she left her lover cold and in the wind, in search of something to fill her heart that a lover’s touch just couldn't seem to reach.

She says she is here to gin Lilli, and that is all, that she is here to find Lilli and take her back to Beyond or to Windskeep, any where but this place, this strange place, with magic that Elaina, the descendent of wind makers, has never seen before, has never imagined. She will get her crimson cousin and they will go, they could not stay here. But she can feel it, feel it in the strangest of ways. There is something that seems to shoot up her spine with an electric jolt that causes her sometimes to physically jump whenever she contemplates leaving this new land. It is enough to send her pack to that wandering once more. Thinking, always thinking because it would seem she has been left with little else these days. The echo of her thoughts is the only voice she has heard in quite some time. This isn't the first time in her life though that she has felt lonely, but she realizes this may be one of the first times that she is actually alone.

Elaina has hardly realized that her charming laughter has some how managed to reach another’s ears. She had thought most people in the meadow were simply passing through, that no one would spare the golden girl like embalmed sunshine a second glance. She was not offended by the thought of others ignoring her, but she cannot help the little lift in her heart when the other female’s voice manages to cause those ears atop her head to flutter in the direction of her voice.

“It is important to find a moment of laughter and a smile each day,” she says, and it makes those amber eyes glisten with a memory. She has no picture to go along with it, but she remembers these exact words her mother had spoken to her often. “For when we run out of moments what is left?” Elaina asks the stranger, remembering the other words. And Beylani had lived true to those words until she took her final breath, a smile haunting her face, even when the light had already left her eyes, a ghost of her happiness.

She cannot help but attune to the other mare’s somber smile, a smile Elaina had worn for so long, sadness weary on her flesh, grief burrowing in the creases of her cheeks. “I am new, though not as new as I felt at the start,” she says, trying to sum up the emotions that have been rolling over her. “If that makes any sense at all. I think I am starting to get my barrings, maybe,” she says, still unsure, still unsure of a lot of things. “And what about yourself?” Bright amber eyes, her father’s eyes looking back at the pretty mare. “Were you born around here, or did some grand adventure lead you down this path?”

elaina*
    benjamin and beylani's sunflower-girl

@[Pond]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: all I've ever known is how to hold my own - by Elaina - 07-31-2019, 11:25 PM