• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[Ruinam] she's a little explosion of hope

I can remember a time when I was so afraid
    when even my shadow wouldn't follow me

Before her mother and her father, before abandoning Windskeep and moving to Beyond, she had been that filly who dreamed of both new and wild worlds, untouched by any and never before gazed upon with mortal eyes, and alongside these imaginings of a world even more wild and wondrous that the one she lived in and walked through, she would also dream of a knight in shining armor to sweep her off her hooves, to take her up into his embrace and tell her just how deeply his love and devotion ran for her. She had begged her mother for the stories of aliant princes rescuing princesses from mighty dragons that guarded towers made of cold stone loneliness. And her mother had been more than happy to weave tales of star-crossed lovers going through tremendous lengths to be together, crossing oceans and conquering mountains all for the sake of a love that rang true in their hearts for their special someone. But now, Elaina is not so sure of these stories. She thinks, more than anything, she is better off saving herself and letting love fall by the way side.

A faint smile finds her lips, hardly noticeable to anyone who has not known her for quite some time. The thing she has come to remind herself is that her life could be a lot worse than what it is. It is clear she is sorry from their collision. Elaina would never intentionally hurt another, it just, was not in her nature. Her smile crinkles further into her face as a silver tone of laughter finds her. “Well my goodness, you are quite handsome, I must say,” she says, admiring the little creature beside the stallion. As he meanders through her legs, the sunflower girl finds she enjoys the feeling of its soft fur against her, the way a child may take comfort in brushing their hand through a beloved pet’s own coat. “Well, I am certain he could do some great protecting,” she says towards the little fox before delivering a wink of one of those amber eyes in the pale stallion’s direction.

“Island Resort,” she questions, curiously. “That sounds like Paradise,” she offers. There had been the beach back in Paraiso, but Elaina has never been to an island, she wonders, even how does one get there? While he has heard of Kensa, he does not have much to offer towards her character and her home, aside from its beauty. But, Elaina takes this in stride as she always does and decides, perhaps, no news is good news. After all, the beauty that is Kensa, Elaina cannot quite imagine her being some sinister monster, even in disguise.

His laugh causes Elaina to echo with her own in response. He was kind, Elaina needed some kindness in her life after such a long road of tragedy. She looks up at him from underneath long, dark lashes. “I would love that,” she says with a breath. She turns to stand parallel to him as they begin to make their way to Hyaline. “So,” Elaina begins, because she was not one for a trip in silence, she loved stories far too much. “How did you end up here or were you born here? And if you were…” she says, she needed to know if Beqanna was going to be the place for her. “What made you stay?”

elaina*
    benjamin and beylani's sunflower-girl

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Ruinam] she's a little explosion of hope - by Elaina - 08-27-2019, 10:51 PM