• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The sun hung from a string, looking down on the world - any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    When silence greets you at the Mountain, what do you do?

In Leilan’s case, that’s a hard one to answer. Any normal horse would take their loss and go home. But the scaled roan doesn’t really think he has a home - and I can hear you think it: ‘field, much?’, but unfortunately that’s not up the trickster’s sleeve either.

Former Leilan would have definitely gone on a rampage. This one though - well, we may not know him yet. Or at least, he’s different than he has been, and as such, the angry snowball that ran off the Mountain earlier, has cooled down by the way he’s down to earth.

As such, now he’s wondering what he could possibly do next.

Having taken to the meadow to graze, he soon realizes that that is not where he belongs, and is already on the move. Restless feet bring him around the world, but he’s not planning on going to Nerine quite yet. He crosses Pangea’s borders and into Hyaline, wondering if the high peaks are a new place for a frosty, dragon-like horse. His tail swishes absentmindedly amidst the valleys, and then he simply makes his way up, up, up. The sun and some of the green buds nearby seem to want to tell him it’s spring or nearly spring, and he really doesn’t think he wants to know if today is a hot day.

He’s hotheaded enough himself, no need for new hotness to be added.

But if we’re really honest then that probably won’t be a rule he’ll live by for long.

For now though, the frost dragon is content with lying down, in a position on a grey, rocky, mountainous ledge. Overlooking the valleys below, he muses if any of his former friends are still out there - and where he could possibly go to see if any of his family are still around.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    The sun hung from a string, looking down on the world - any - by Leilan - 07-16-2019, 01:02 PM