• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The sun hung from a string, looking down on the world - any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Comfortable on his ledge, the dragon-horse hardly minds when the woman joins him - in fact, being joined by a pretty mare is perhaps a petty victory, but he counts his blessings all the same. He wonders for a moment how much detail she sees when she looks down below, or if perhaps her knowing the place by heart fills in details that he still has to look for, and that she simply knows are there.

”What stops you?” he asks her sideways; she said she would like to travel more, but that also implies she doesn’t actually get to it. But the way he sees it, if one truly wants a thing, then the only thing keeping them from it is their head. Other things get priority, but honestly, should they? Still, he’d like to hear her out, if only to get to know her better.

She’s a no-nonsense type, he deduces when she asks him straight up what brings him here, and he grins at her. ”Neither, or both, depending on how you look at it.” he lets that sink in for a moment, then continues. ”There’s only… maybe three lands in this world I could pick as a suitable living environment. And since I left Icicle Isle to Jesper, I doubt that little icecube or my niece in Nerine, would appreciate seeing my face. So you see, as drawn to the cold as I am, I’m kind of stuck here.” he explains, tilting his head so that his draconic gaze captures her topaz orbs. ”And the view certainly doesn’t disappoint.” he adds casually, as if he means nothing by it. And in a way, he doesn’t - the spotted mare always in the back of his mind; but she isn’t around, and a tiny bit of flirting never hurt. Especially considering the possibility that she chose to stay where she was, and never follow.

But he doesn’t want his good mood spoiled by the image of Breckin’s face of disapproval, which she would likely give him had she heard his remark - he swishes his tail, looking down on the world. It wasn’t so bad to be back here, at all. Beqanna would always draw him back, he knew now - though he wouldn’t dare ask this mare right away if any of his children were running around Hyaline, or anywhere else really. It wouldn’t be very polite to ask a mare about a rather large amount of offspring, sprouting different names (and several mothers named) in hopes of her recognizing them. She hadn’t seemed to recognise his name just now, so perhaps that gave him a relatively clean slate in these mountains.

Or, you know, probably not, but one could hope and dream, right?
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Kensa]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The sun hung from a string, looking down on the world - any - by Leilan - 07-28-2019, 10:14 AM