• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; oriash
    When the shadow of the fern reaches the little patch of prickly pear, he tells himself. That’s when he’ll give up waiting here by the shoreline and head out in search of a hot spring. There’s no use wasting the daylight, Pteron thinks, but in the end the fern shadow has crept across only half the distance when he is greeted. The stallion hears them first, pricking his pale ears toward the sound of hooves. The coming horse is just appearing around the edge of nearby hill when Pteron spots them, and when the stallion recognizes her he smiles.

Though she is in some ways much changed, there is no denying the identity of the filly he considers a friend despite their time apart. The bright leopard spots on the snow white, the golden wings. Even the antlers, though those have become far more impressive since the last time he’d seen them.  They must grow like the deer they resemble, Pteron decides, with additional tines for each passing year. Yes, he recalls, Aegean’s antlers had been just a bit larger than these when they’d met on the shore of the Silver Cove. How big they must be now. Pteron is glancing at Ori’s antler admiringly as she approaches, and when his olive gaze meets hers it is with a happy smile.

Pteron considers reaching out to her the way he would his family, but decides against it at the last moment.

He’d rather not be too forward regardless of the friendship he feels for her, and so instead returns her greeting with a happy wicker of his own. “It’s good to see you too,” He tells her with a smile. “I’d wanted to come back sooner but I’ve been busy; trying to learn a whole territory in six months isn’t an easy task.” The pegasus knows the more populous areas of his northern home now, but there are still a great many hidden places in the shadows of the redwoods. “What about you, Ori? What have you been up to this winter?”

@[Oriash]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; oriash - by Pteron - 07-17-2019, 08:52 PM