• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; oriash

Oriash

they promised that dreams can come true

Taiga he says, and it occurs to her that there are so many lands and she knows so few of them. She knows the Cove and Loess. She rarely leaves this place she’s grown so used to spending her time, and she wonders if she hasn’t just become a contented prisoner. In some ways, perhaps she has. In some ways, perhaps she has chained herself in without ever truly entertaining the notion of more. More of life, more from herself. She could be so much more than she is. She could change the world, shape and manipulate minds, could deceive even the cleverest horse. Yet here she is, creating rainbows, making the wind blow, or simply disappearing from view.

Maybe that was enough, and maybe it wasn’t. She didn’t know how to tell.

Pteron keeps talking, words tumbling out like he didn’t mean to say them, admitting that he doesn’t know if he wants to live here. Her eyes go just a little wider, her gaze focusing on him as she speaks. Her trick interrupts the conversation, and she’s almost sorry for it, but at the same time she wonders how much to tell him and is enjoying the brief respite to collect her thoughts. It is easier now, manipulating the world around them even when her mind is somewhere else.

She reappears, grinning. “It’s me,” she says. The idea of being somewhere else has never crossed her mind. She’d have to be close enough to see and hear what was going on, or she’d have to go collect herself some mind reading skills to be farther. Still though, she could hide herself if she feared danger and send an illusion instead. Or just because. The idea plays through her mind but then, remembering his earlier admittance, she sobers.

“I know what you mean. I like it here...” she trails off for a moment. She did like it here. She liked Castile, even if she shouldn’t. She liked the land, and the few others she met. And yet… “I don’t even know what else is out there.” She lets the truth hang there like her wings, things kept tucked to her side so frequently she sometimes she forgot she had them. The world was at her disposal, and yet, she wandered aimlessly and didn’t even know where to begin.

but they forgot that nightmares are dreams too.

@[Pteron]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; oriash - by Oriash - 08-07-2019, 09:13 AM