• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; oriash
    “Yes. We.” He replies, reaching out to bump his nose against her jaw playfully.

“You’ll need me there to pull you out of a snowdrift if you get stuck,” Pteron adds with a grin as he pulls away. “Make sure you practice in the meantime,” he gestures at her bicolored wings with his blue muzzle, shrugging his own as he does. “It’s not going to be an easy flight across the ocean in the dark.” Because of course they’ll fly in the dark; that is the most adventurous sort of time to fly. They’ll get there just in time to see the best of the lights, and be gone before anyone finds them. Pteron knows that the place is cold, but he is without fear when it comes to weather.

“I have to get back to Taiga now,” he says as a glance down at his shadow  reveals how quickly time has passed. It’s always this way with Ori, Pteron realizes. Hours slip by and he feels like it has been barely a moment. It’s a trait Oriash shares with her brother, though one that Pteron thinks it might be best that she and Aegean do not know they share.

“But meet me in Taiga before the next new moon, and we’ll go see the lights.” Pteron steps forward again, and this time he wraps his head over and around her neck in a hug. The night black strands of her mane are dusted with Loessian red, and her skin smells of the hills and both the sweet and brackish springs that hide in them. He’s hugged her before, and it was no different than hugging Marni or Eyas. They don’t smell like Loess though, like memories of a time when things were simpler, and they don’t have antlers that bring to mind memories that heat his blood or have such very long lashes veiling their pretty eyes.

Pteron flushes and pulls away, turning to pluck a stray feather from his spreading wings rather than meet her gaze. He straightens a few more, and when he is able to look at her again, there’s no sign at all of his wayward thoughts.

“I’ll see you soon, Ori.” The young stallion tells her. Then he spreads his wings, breaks into a gallop, and at the crest of the nearest hill lifts off into the sky.

@[Oriash]
    When you’re back maybe we can start a thread in Taiga and/or the Icicle Isle? I’m good with either!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; oriash - by Pteron - 09-01-2019, 06:20 PM