• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [challenge] Djinni
    Up to this point in his life, Malone has believed that girls have something called cooties and they are to be avoided unless absolutely necessary. His mom is an exception, of course, because she tells him stories and kisses him each morning. When the genie arrives to the meadow, he is surprised to see she is no longer the small and seemingly normal rose gold woman that she was before. Now she is carved from marble slabs and honed into a weapon of destruction. She is all sharp and terrifying, all muscle and prepared to crush him like a bug.

Annnd now he’s in love.

Malone can feel his heart hammer against his ribs as he freezes in place, wide-eyed and smiling like an idiot when she suddenly appears closer to him. He should be afraid but when she transforms into her true self he can’t help himself. He edges closer with his chin tucked bashfully to his chest. She smells like buttercups and autumn nights, mystery and mischief all tangled into one. The stars of his coat seem to shine a little brighter when he lifts his head to meet her gaze. A trade?

He shyly paws at the ground with his forehoof while he thinks. What is Meraxes’s sight worth? Those black and gold eyes watch her talons knead the dirt so easily between her claws and a shiver runs up his spine. What is it like to be so strong?

“<I>Making Meraxes happy means the world to me. I’d give anything for him and I know he’d do the same for me,</i>” he explains in timid mumbles as he glances up at her face once more. “<I>I’ll give you my heart. I’ll know no romantic love so long as it’s yours.</i>”

Shimmering with gold and stars like some greedy god’s treasure, he continues to shuffle his hooves as he waits for her decision. In truth, the naïve boy just wants the genie to keep it close to her own. The muscle continues to flutter against his chest wildly as he swallows hard. Malone forces himself to look up and meet her stare one last time, feigning courage despite his trembling knees.

“<I>Do we have a deal?</i>”

@[Djinni]

Messages In This Thread
    Djinni - by Malone - 07-18-2019, 03:39 PM
    RE: Djinni - by Malone - 07-18-2019, 04:42 PM
    RE: Djinni - by Djinni - 07-18-2019, 09:45 PM
    RE: Djinni - by Malone - 07-18-2019, 10:40 PM
    RE: Djinni - by Djinni - 07-21-2019, 08:59 AM