• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane
    Winter beneath the trees has been as dreary as she’d imagined. The ability to wait, to bide her time, patience; these are not virtues that the dun mare possesses in vast reserves. Sending diplomats out in the cold is foolish, and Taiga is not so populated that losing one is an option. Lepis had spent nearly a year planning and she is eager to begin, but nothing can be set in motion until the spring thaw. And so the pegasus has spent much of the last few months pacing. The habit has given her a good grasp of the wooded realm that she rules but little else. She has made some changes to her grand vision, small tweaks and adjustments, and as she trots through the woods, she realizes that she should probably let her husband know of them.

Wolfbane has always humored her in all things (their move into Taiga being one of them), and so she returns that as best she knows how. Today, that includes sharing with him the way in which her machinations of world domination have altered in the past few weeks. Mostly recalculations in the time it might take an army to swim from the border of Taiga to the Icicle Isle (she’d not factored in the current last time), but there is a thing that she suspects her husband might find especially interesting that affects her plans to takeover their world.

She’d thought their return to status quo after Gale’s death had occurred too late in the season, but she has felt a distinct sort of quickening of late. She does hope its just one this time. No mare should suffer triplets, Lepis thinks with a sharp snort. The sound startles her out of her own thoughts, and the winged mare realizes that she stands not far from one of their favorite haunts. A great redwood had been uprooted by some massive force, but rather than fall to the earth it had been caught by its fellows. The fall must have been eons ago, for the tree has grown roots from the trunk for stability. So stable, in fact, that a horse might walk upon it as Lepis has a time or two

The fog is thick, but so is the scent of her mate. At the base of the tree, a natural hollow has formed, one where they have spent many a night. She cannot make Wolfbane out until she is within a few yards of him, but she does not hesitate to sidle up next to him. 

“Do you think it’ll get warm soon?” She asks him as she presses her cold muzzle against the warmth of his neck. “I’m ready for spring.”

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 07-18-2019, 10:42 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 07-27-2019, 09:20 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 08-08-2019, 07:39 AM