• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane
    The sensation of Wolfbane’s careful separation of the colors in her frosted mane is soft and soothing. Lepis’ storm blue eyes had half-closed and she makes a quiet sound of pleasure as she leans further into him. Being tucked against his side is something familiar in this northern place, a place full of the unchanging sensation of belonging that she has never had to falsely produce. He no longer smells of the dry dust and flora of Loess, Leis has found, but the crisp pine and humid air are not an unpleasant taste as she glides her navy lips along the parts of his neck she can reach from her position.

Here is Lepis’s favorite blue stripe, the one with a jagged edge that does not match its fellows, and here the one that splits into two lines of color only to merge once more at the point of his shoulder. His neck shifts beneath hers as Wolfbane turns to glance at her wide sides. His confirmation that their child is a girl – and that she has wings – brings a satisfied smile to her face. The followup, that he loves her already, brightens it even farther.

“You’d better,” she says with a laugh, leaning into the pressure of his teeth against her shoulder. “I’ve put a lot of work into her already.”

She is thinking of that work: eating for two, waddling through the forest rather than soaring above, but as Celina stretches within her (Wolfbane will likely feel it too, tucked so tightly as she is to him) she does not regret a bit of it. She cannot refrain from teasing though, telling Wolfbane that: “Maybe next time you can carry the foal, so you’ve got a better appreciation of what you put me through.” She follows this blame with a kiss to his throat, one with the ghost of teeth and warm desire. Lepis is as guilty as her husband in the proliferation after all; even grossly pregnant with their six child she still feels the stirring of desire as her lips trace the line of his jaw.

It still as he pulls back, replaced by a somberness as the teasing smile falls away.

Is she happy?

It’s not something she has given much thought lately. It’s not something she ever really gives much thought. Prioritizing herself is a common occurrence, but rather than give a flippant comment as she might to anyone else she takes a quiet breath and considers her husband’s question. There is an intensity in him that she does not see often and though she has no intention of trivializing his concern, she does reach out to gently boop her nose against his before she answers.

“Happier than I have been.” she begins. “But...I thought Taiga would be enough. But it is still so quiet here. I thought there would be...more.” More what she is not sure. More action? More responsibility? More happiness? “Maybe we should have stayed in Loess. Or maybe we should have gone to Nerine instead.” Perhaps a kingdom would have made her happier, she thinks. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. She has dragged her family halfway across their world for her own ambitions, and yet she is still uncertain.

“Are you?”

@[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 07-18-2019, 10:42 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 07-27-2019, 09:20 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 08-08-2019, 07:39 AM