• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I would clearly feel blessed, if the sun rose up from the west
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    Hyaline is quite great, at least, when one admits to the snowy mountain caps and enjoys the view of the lake from afar. But for the frost drake horse, it was quite a climb to find some solitude, and then when he got bored with being alone, he came to realize what he loved most was to have a place that was accessible to him but less others - simply put, he only wants the solitude when it suits him.

When it doesn’t suit him, he just loves to play tricks or annoy people, and for that, well he needs to meet those people.

Darn, wouldn’t it be easier to have wings. No wonder Castile gave in to his dragon form so easily, right? Beyond the fact that it was easier not to reign in any bursting emotions, it was just much more fun.

Of course, himself he had been quite comfortable in his half-state. Or at least before, when the world seemed more of a threat, when Breckin had needed defending when she wouldn’t ask for it - he remembers quite clearly the lavender man, even if Cas was the one to finish it - and when, simply put, he loved boasting his fancy scales and make not-really-a-threat-yet grins at whomever came to make a diplomatic visit.

Nowadays though, the ice-covered drake didn’t really need the scales, nor the teeth. The teeth, in fact, made a normal horse diet impossible, and so the only useful attribute at the moment was the dragon sight, picking off small prey in the mountains, because the secluded space did not allow for a lot of fruit-bearing trees to grow there.

The only thing he needed to be a true dragon, he mused, was a hoard of gold (and pretty maidens). Well, that and the actual dragon body of course. All-or-none might just be the better option.

Yawning, today he had woken however, with the purpose of torturing not his small neighbours (usually birds), but his equine ones. Most in Hyaline however, never really looked up, or ever noticed the cold mountaintop was harbouring a dragon in their midst. Thus, he had to make the trip down, and he did so slowly - only the fact that when he walked down into Loess, it was slightly hot for him already, prevented him from deciding not to go back up again - picking his way through the stony slopes to end up in the neighbouring kingdom.

To be honest, he didn’t know how many lived in the mountains and he didn’t really care at this point, since they had not cared about him overly much. Sure he could stay, but not many went up to the tops anyway. This place however, smelled like dragons - fire dragons, and he was unsure if he liked it or if he wanted to rip them apart and glace them over. Possibly both - it’s not like the fire-breathers couldn’t handle a little ice… but it would be the kind of nuisance he always loved to be. Wherever one lived.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I would clearly feel blessed, if the sun rose up from the west - by Leilan - 07-23-2019, 12:57 PM