• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me crawl inside your veins, Brigade

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

When Castile had suggested she place Brigade in the war caste, she had been a little skeptical, and mildly annoyed. She wasn’t entirely sure how she felt about him, and she was hesitant to bring him along as a member of Sylva. But, she trusted Castile’s judgement, more or less. Besides, it wasn’t like he would be able to hide anything from her. If he seemed like he was going to lead to another Sinner and Mary incident, at least she would know about it well in advance. 

Sylva was quiet, as could be expected. The few times she had been here before — and she was a little surprised to realize she has been here a lot, for someone that didn’t even live here — it had been fairly hushed, so she wasn’t at all put off by the lack of residents. Starting with a blank slate was easier, at this point. The likelihood of traitors joining fresh seemed less likely to the alternative, which would have been forcing any supporters of the previous leaders to switch their loyalties.

Or just exploding them, but, she supposes that’s not the politically correct way to handle things. 

When Brigade comes, she greets him with a guarded civility. Slipping easily amongst the pale trunks of the trees, she winds her way towards him, her dapples glowing in the dim light. “Brigade,” she finds that she likes the way his name rolls like a purr in her throat, and the simper that uncoils from her lips is almost friendly. “Glad you could make it. I’m Starsin, since we haven’t formally met.” There is a moments pause as she lets her dark blue eyes take him in. She was always appreciative of a handsome man — or beautiful woman — but in this case, that’s not what she’s looking for. “Castile suggested we place you in the army, but I’m curious...do you have interest in physically fighting, or are you just broody?” She knows the toxic sweet tone of her voice would likely set him off more than the actual question, but she didn’t mind. She never grew tired of seeing how far and how fast she could push her luck.

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[brigade]

Messages In This Thread
    let me crawl inside your veins, Brigade - by Starsin - 07-25-2019, 05:58 PM