• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Litotes, anyone - birthing;

how come I never got used to the feeling of sleeping in a cage?
    too long driving, too damn hungry; a tied-up hound but nothing stays

In spite of herself, Valdis cannot help to smile. Her sapphire eyes dance across her daughter with adoration and awe. The tenderest moments of her life have been with her children, the fathers shadowing her. Her genuine happiness seeps from her every pore and brightens her face. A flicker of uncertainty arises only when she remembers that it is Litotes behind her, not Sinner. A habit, she muses. The hellhound often concealed what lurked beneath the surface and the reasons his heart hammered against her when they embraced. Valdis accepted it and assumed that’s what life will be like – everyone at arm’s length, never confessing a semblance of love.

But Litotes is showing her so much more in this moment. The barriers melt between them. This appears as a seamless dream she once had as a child – having her own family built on a sense of love.

The soft nibbling along the edges of her jaw pull Valdis from the grip of her childhood dreams. A honeyed smile meets him, brimming with a fantasy of what life would entail if she remained here in Pangea with him. How different would it be? A pleased hum vibrates through her core. ”I feel honored then,” she whispers with a sweet tang of humor and sincerity as their eyes lock. ”Had I not been stolen…” she trails off slowly as her attention drifts down to their daughter, imagining not having such a light of perfection in her life (she still has Dracarys, of course). Where, however, does this lead them?

When she looks away, there is more than one path in front of her. There is Pangea and Litotes, Sinner, and an unknown.

No, silly girl. Why get so ahead?

Rolling her shoulders she presses a kiss to her newborn’s head for a surge of strength – emotional, physical – before looking up with a lopsided grin. ”I’ve considered going to the Mountain to have my heart removed,” she pauses with a contemplative lick of her lips, ”but I’m afraid to never love my children.” It would save her from the aches and strife of men, but there is so much more to life than the opposite sex. Yet, it still weighs on her heavily as she finds her world shrinking day by day.

Valdis

[/font]

@[litotes]

Messages In This Thread
    Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by Valdis - 07-26-2019, 08:39 AM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by litotes - 07-31-2019, 08:31 PM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by Altissima - 08-05-2019, 01:02 PM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by Valdis - 08-13-2019, 02:30 PM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by litotes - 08-25-2019, 08:08 PM
    RE: Litotes, anyone - birthing; - by Valdis - 09-09-2019, 09:56 AM