• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean
    Aegean

I should have loved a thunderbird instead
    at least when spring comes they roar back again

Pteron is so similar and yet so different from the boy that he had been and it stirs Aegean’s heart. He feels a sudden pang, something that twists and tugs, and he just smiles, letting the emotion rest easily in his breast. He has never truly known love beyond the deep infatuation he has felt for so many and it is easy to let the admiration and intrigue take root—so easy to let it consume his greedy heart and eager eyes.

“I am glad. I would be heartbroken if the sight of me caused disappointment.” His voice is, as always, nearly melodic in its delivery—poetic in the way that he plays with the syllables, letting it ring like silver bells on the edges and then dip into the rumble of the ocean in the middle. It is feminine and masculine and blurs the lines between the two in a way that he has always enjoyed—always appreciated.

It is a quickening of the blood, a sharpening of the moment, and Aegean just enjoys each second of it, letting the tension between them stretch and ripple—taking pleasure in it. There was no rush and he does not pretend that there is. Instead, he is patient, calm, seeping in the moment. Savoring it.

“I live here,” he explains simply. Looking around and seeing that milky cast of his own glow on the ground beneath him. “I was meant to be raised here and would have had the plague not struck. It feels fitting that I would find my way back here.” He does not explain how he does not feel like he has roots in any given place—how even now, he does not feel rooted to this land, even though he enjoys it so.

It is a strange thing to love the world and yet not feel part of it.

“Kensa is lovely,” he affirms, thinking of the beauty of their leader and how stories of her must have gone so far. Would others travel to see her? To admire her? He could not blame them if they did.

“Are you here to see her?” He grows curious, gaze sliding back to him.

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead
    (I think I made you up inside my head.)

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean - by aegean - 08-09-2019, 12:03 AM