• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean
    For a long moment, Pteron can feel the breath catch in his throat, trapped by the anticipation that follows his projection. He briefly hopes he has failed, but as the soft edges of Aegean’s face turn upward into a smile, he knows that he has not. That sweet relief last only a heartbeat, and he has barely time to release that held breath before Aegean comes a step closer.

“It’s me,” he replies, marveling how clear his voice sounds despite his internal chatter.“I don’t do it very often,” Pteron adds.

A flicker at the corner of his vision pulls his gaze from Aegean – are they to be interrupted so soon? But it is only a falling star, one of many, and Pteron watches with wide eyes as they fall around and between the pair of young stallions. He makes no effort to hide his wonder, and the expression on Pteron’s face is nearly childlike in its marvel. That Aegean has made the stars come down to earth seems impossible, and yet the violet-eyed stallion glows in the light of them. In the summoned darkness, Aegean blazes like a moon among the stars, and Pteron cannot tear his eyes away.

He wonders if he might be asleep, and this entire trip nothing more than a dream. E has dreamt of Aegean before, after all, but they had all been adolescent things, full of imagined passion and fabricated heat. They had been carnal things, and yet this inexplicable need to reach toward his companion feels most like touching an eggshell – soft and tender and delicate. Yet that is not right either, for Pteron has never been captivated by a nest the way he is by the boy in front of him.

It is Aegean’s laughter that breaks the spell of silence, the offer to show him Hyaline. Pteron almost refuses – even opens his mouth to say so – because to see Hyaline would be to look away from its most splendid attribute. But as he blinks away the brightness of the starlight around them, the part of him that has dreamt wickedly of Aegean whispers, and Pteron nods instead.

“I would like it,” he tells the antlered stallion. “Could I request a special tour, though? I’d like to see your favorite places – Aegean’s Hyaline.”

Pteron takes another step forward, and though he knows that Aegean will soon turn to lead the way to...wherever, he allows himself to enjoy this brief moment where they are near enough that they might touch – if either reached out.

@[aegean]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've never fallen from quite this high; Aegean - by Pteron - 08-16-2019, 06:52 AM