• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  you can't hide from who you are; Starsin

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She could be arrogant, but, she also knew when to accept when she was in the presence of someone more powerful than her. Heartfire had years on her in terms of life experience, politics, and almost everything else; it would be foolish of her to think that they stood on equal footing. There were some, that though higher ranked than her, she still did not feel an ounce of respect for, and knew that it was only by an intangible title that they could fool themselves into thinking they were something. Heartfire was not one of those. She was far more than just the current queen of Nerine, and when or if she should ever step down, she would still be someone that all of Beqanna would do well to pay heed to.

Starsin recognized this almost immediately, and even though she could not so easily shake what had become second-nature to her (the guarded way she watched her, with an apparent thoughtfulness and something that was almost calculating, storing away certain things for safekeeping until they might be useful), there was nothing malicious or hostile to be read in the lines of her face. “I could make an assumption, but it might be wrong,” she says with that almost lazy, nonchalant simper of hers. She is sure Heartfire is here to discuss politics of some sort, which ironically enough, is Starsin’s least favorite topic. She preferred action to discussion, but she was becoming calmer and less rash as she outgrew her adolescence.

But the discussion takes a surprising twist, and since it is not often that Starsin can be caught off guard, it takes her a moment to realign the impassive mask to her face. Obedient wasn’t a word she would use to describe herself, and the other mare implying that she fit into that category caused her blue eyes to flash indignantly, before narrowing slightly. “Obey isn’t the word I would use, personally. He is the current king of Loess, and while I do not freely give my respect just because someone has the title, I do feel as though he has earned it.” There is a clip to her voice in the beginning, but it slowly recedes into a cool indifference. Something in her eyes sharpens, and her veins simmer with the excitement that often accompanied banter such as this. There is a newfound heat to her smile, and an amusement that glints in her navy-blue eyes as she asks, "Do you not like Castile? I find that him and I typically agree on most things."

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you can't hide from who you are; Starsin - by Starsin - 08-11-2019, 05:46 PM