• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  ...and I take my first steps

Mataeris was really quite enjoying herself with this one. He seemed to be completely oblivious her her true intent with him, and that was just the way the blue mare was going to leave it. He seemed to hang onto her every word, and had an eye on every single on of her movements. It seemed, as well, that he was keen to pass all of her little tests. She complained about the heat and he responded in kind.

"Well then let's move to the tree's, it'll be fall soon enough and you'll be looking for a body to bring you warmth," the stallion said with a wink.

Mataeris didn't know if she wanted to laugh at his shortsightedness, or recoil in disgust at his bold and unrestrained alluding. The blue mare fully intended to have many "warm bodies" as she could by winter, and this one before her was a perfect practice round for her. However, as the mare could not make up her mind how to respond to his comment, she met his wink with a smirk as he gently brushed her.

It was clear he wanted to follow her. In an ideal world, the green maned stud would have asked her to accompany her with a bow, but Mataeris was in a forgiving mood. There were also the unresolved thoughts about the appearance of their potential offspring fuelling the mare's patience. Mataeris knew she could easily take his enamoured behaviour and use it to mould him into a presentable subject.

As she approached the pale form in the shade, he replied to her question, though the smirk on his face made her ears recline ever so slightly. The stallion was definitely feeling bold.

"I thought I was gunna call you Queeny, you hadn't even asked for mine," he said with a pouting nature.

"Yes," Mataeris thought to herself, a smile on her lips as the stallion shifted to be next her. "Learn your place. You are not my equal. How dare you assume I would care about you."

"So then, tell me, what is your true name?" he said, finally. He made an effort to find her eyes and meet her gaze.

The mare smiled kindly, betraying none of her previous thoughts. 

"My full name is Queen Mataeris of the Golden Shores and Emerald Fields, but since you have proven such a gentleman, you may simply refer to me as Mataeris," she said, continuing her kind smile. It was the kind of smile that reached her eyes and filled them with warmth. A difficult to smile to pull off, but the blue mare had found out at a much younger age, that other respond better to warmth than harshness, and so had practiced the smile until her jaw hurt and her eyes weeped. 

The mare broke eye contact for a moment, and once again glanced across the meadow. "I might have to add Summer Grass to that title," she said with a laugh on her lips. Mataeris returned to his gaze. "Now, I have introduced myself to your handsome form, it would be very unkind to not release your mysterious name to me." The mare's tone was kind, as she was careful to not reveal her true nature. This was probably one of their deciding moments, as they say first impressions hold the truest in one's memory. If Mataeris was to keep her claws in this pale stallion, she was going to have to play her cards right.

mataeris

and the madness slowly creeps

Messages In This Thread
    ...and I take my first steps - by Mataeris - 08-01-2019, 01:46 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Nolin - 08-01-2019, 02:12 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Mataeris - 08-02-2019, 01:57 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Nolin - 08-04-2019, 01:50 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Mataeris - 08-07-2019, 02:33 AM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Nolin - 08-14-2019, 01:07 PM
    RE: ...and I take my first steps - by Mataeris - 08-21-2019, 11:43 AM