• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Pteron;

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

”This is not me,” she told father quietly with an unyielding stare that first indicated Loess before returning to him, ”the kingdom life is not for me.” Castile peered down at his daughter with an understanding grin. ”No, it isn’t,” he wasn’t angry, not even disappointed. Since she was a foal, Reia was different and he never wanted to change her. He embraced and loved what she was. Nothing could deter him from admiring her ferocity, from loving his and Sochi’s first child.

Reia left Castile behind in that moment – not permanently, no. It was an agreement that she would explore and create her own agenda and forge her own path. He pressed a kiss to her head before she turned away and took flight.

The trek was not long at all. Soon the rocky hills of Loess faded behind her and the coniferous trees of Taiga were underneath. Oblivious to customary manners, Reia descends swiftly into the heart of the forest, nestling down through a small space in the canopy. Pines graze her sides and wings, increasing the difficulty of her landing, but she manages with a loud and clumsy thud. Gracefulness is another attribute that eludes her.

”PTERON!” She pursued his scent, recalling it from memory the moment she turned from father. The boy once frequented Loess, but has since become increasingly absent. She, herself, admittedly became reclusive in the cave as she watched her family disperse each day to tend to their own responsibilities. Although she won’t openly admit it to him, there was a piece of her that missed his company despite how brief their meeting had been.

Reia carelessly drags her wings across the leaf beds. Pines tuck themselves between the feathers and it isn’t until a fallen branch pokes her that she folds her wings roughly to her sides. ”COME OUT WHEREVER YOU ARE!” Her voice pierces the quiet morning air and echoes through the trees. Her eyes drink in the sights, awed by the grand heights surrounding her. ”Pteron?” She says again, her voice quieter as she wanders in search of him, disregarding the borders that are far behind  her. 

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

You thought I was joking about reuniting them probably lol

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    Pteron; - by Reia - 08-02-2019, 12:30 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 08-03-2019, 11:11 AM
    RE: Pteron; - by Reia - 08-12-2019, 02:05 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 08-15-2019, 07:38 AM
    RE: Pteron; - by Reia - 08-16-2019, 08:50 AM
    RE: Pteron; - by Pteron - 08-19-2019, 10:43 PM
    RE: Pteron; - by Reia - 09-13-2019, 03:46 PM