• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  give me hope in the darkness; Nihlus
    "Yes, something for you, my insatiable heathen."

Something melts deep within Nihlus. Words sweeter than those freshly fallen from Brennen's lips exist not to the boy, at least in this moment; something about the pet name combined with the warmly anxious look thrown haphazardly over his shoulder leaves Nihlus a puddle. Though the sun shines happily above, in Nih's eyes, the true light beams upon him unwaveringly in the form of his lover's smile (a smile which gives away how much he truly cares for Nih, a little secret shared just between them). Somehow, Nih wishes he could slow down time. Relive this moment on repeat forever.

But between one breath and the next, everything changes, leading the pair to another moment worthy of time infinite. Suddenly, it's not only the sensation of Brennen's body against his that stands out against the monotony of their tucked-away island: it's also a bitter cold and a blinding white light. When his eyes adjust, it's his heart that finds itself struggling to function properly. Before him, the Tundra stretches in every direction until it meets the sea, barren and rock-strewn and ice-packed. For a heartbeat, Nih wonders if perhaps his fleeting wish had come true: that time had travelled with them as its passengers, transporting them to a time when things were simpler.

The babies kick, irritated with the sudden change of temperature (insulated as they are beneath Nih's sturdy hide [needy creatures, I wonder from whom they get it]). This movement revives the silent-til-now stallion, sending him forward three paces with an awe-filled smile trailing upon his lips. The sensation of real snow beneath his hooves tangibly releases dopamine in the recesses of his brain. "Bren..." The name comes out like that of a god, the reverence in the younger man's voice unmistakeable. When the sharp wind of a winter forgotten slices through his mane, it feels as though he can breathe again.

He wheels around, tears in his eyes (not a first between the intimate pair, but a rare occurrence). "Bren," Nihlus repeats, with more intention this time. Gratitude and bewilderment combine pleasantly upon his every feature. "I - I am speechless." Again, he throws his head around to try and catch every single detail, to live in this forgotten empire as much as he can, for as long as Beqanna will allow him. But it's not just him here - that much becomes evident as he slides into Brennen's embrace, leaning dreamily into the smaller Arabian, words like prayers falling from his sinner's tongue.

"I can't believe that you did all this... for me. You captured everything. Even the caves - gods, I - it's beautiful." The words of affirmation press persistently at his throat, but instead of surveying the magically-instilled environment, he turns his head. "You are beautiful. And I -" a grin colours his expression, though its corners speak to how truthfully he means the following words: "- I absolutely do not deserve any of this, or you. I love you. Thank you."

@[Brennen]

Messages In This Thread
    give me hope in the darkness; Nihlus - by Brennen - 08-02-2019, 10:36 PM
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; Nihlus - by Nihlus - 09-07-2019, 01:38 AM