• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

pray for the thunder, briella

you said you'd wait forever, but I blinked and the world was gone

Was it such that she had forgiven, or simply become conflicted and confounded: none could know and in truth? She herself had little idea. Such it was that she looked over Vulgaris, unsure and listening, her pale jewel like eyes gleaning and glistening and the rue in them stirred as he discusses Adna. She mires in the thoughts and memories of the darkness, of the tangled wood and branches… of the broken and rotten wood and all the smell of decaying plant life within the endless reaches of the wilds. Turning to gaze and glances back into the shadows she hesitates before focusing and peering into the hanging vines and moss- into the trees beyond.

“I have to imagine if she were lost here,”  she began to speak: somber and quiet.  “Then she must be terribly scared. The darkness gets you turned around in the trees and brush, and there’s less space to move the further in you go. It becomes stifling; but rarely does anyone go there.”  she blinked, studying the older of the pair between them- her nostrils flaring and gaze locking onto Vulgaris.  “She sounds very pretty. Quite the opposite to me.”  it was odd in a way, but the description of her being red prompted the movement enough for Briella to expose the pale blue and black mixtures of her coat.

He asks, though, and stops just as she was to follow: her eyes widening and gaze turned sidelong as she nodded and tilted her head.  “I am always lost anymore.”  blinking again and turning her gaze away Briella followed behind… lifting herself up and feigning a quiet confidence as she moved.  “Dovev is gone and Expelliarmus has been gone for much longer, the Forsaken Valley crumbled and I recall that cataclysm… but I couldn’t find the others. So, I am always lost. Wandering. The closest thing to family I’ve had was the fairies.”

It burns her to say it, to think about it, and she recalls the others with quiet contemplation. No matter, she carries on beside Vulgaris: walking and pacing herself beside him.  “But what do I know? Certainly you would know more, I have heard that yours is larger- family, that is. It must be nice to have them.”  she’s not sour or bitter, not even jealous- her tone is sweet and singsong. 

BRIELLA

@[vulgaris] casually drop this here... unless you wanna burn it.

Messages In This Thread
    pray for the thunder, briella - by vulgaris - 08-06-2019, 02:00 PM
    RE: pray for the thunder, briella - by Briella - 08-07-2019, 12:49 AM
    RE: pray for the thunder, briella - by vulgaris - 09-02-2019, 11:41 AM
    RE: pray for the thunder, briella - by Briella - 10-21-2019, 09:27 PM