• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any)

-Adria-

In a perfect world Ruinam would’ve been there for Sande’s birth. Adria could’ve made it here to Island Resort and gotten comfort from the father of her newborn, the two of them could’ve enjoyed those precious moments when Sande had taken her first breath or looked around the first time. He might’ve been the first thing his daughter saw, outside of Adria.

But for all her elemental power Adria still can’t control the entirety of mother nature, so Sande had arrived when she felt like she was good and ready. Her mother hadn’t exactly been prepared, so the filly had been born quickly and been alive for a couple of weeks or so now. Time kind of… got away from the Dame of Ischia.

Now she’s making up for it.
    The ombre-vermilion mare had traveled over the water and come to Island Resort at last, with Ruinam’s daughter in tow. To her mother’s eager delight, Sande was more attuned to the ocean than Ionia had been, showing promise of further gifts after displaying that she, just like Adria, could walk across the surface of the water. In no time at all they’re on the sister-shores of the Resort, waiting patiently for someone to come and greet them.

“Ach, pou poutèt Bondye!” The seamare scolded her daughter while they waited, nearly stepping on a scruffy pile of tawny fur that slunk off Sande’s back, “I asked you to leave that chat Satan at home Sande.” Adria sighed unhappily. The Devil Cat was a native Ischian Fossa, who had shown up one day uninvited and had been invisibly attached to Sande ever since.

Adria couldn’t be sure that the strange, lemur-eating tree cat was exactly a safe playmate for her newborn daughter. That’s why she’s here, partially.
    Sande squealed impishly at her mother, tickled by the fond nibble of her companion animal. The sturdy little fossa creature was weaving through the filly’s spindly legs, biting gently at her heels like it was a game. “Hopefully your father is along soon…” Adria smirked, giving into the whims of her sweet baby girl.

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Ruinam] not a birthing post but still important :p time for the lovebirds to catch up

Messages In This Thread
    The things we leave behind (Ruinam, Any) - by Adria - 08-06-2019, 09:30 PM