• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Give them hell; Aten
    The mare did not seem to notice Aten at first, her gaze transfixed on the horses still surrounding them. She did not seem to appreciate the endless sea of eyes perhaps accusing her of the actions she had decided to take, whatever they may be. Aten had not actually seen her commit the same act of foraging that he'd seen predator animals do, but he did not need to for the pieces to fit.

He wondered, however, why the others seem so secure with giving the mare condescending looks. It was as if they were not used to seeing anything of the sort, despite the magical land they all called home. Horses here existed that had wings, horns, coat colors that may only exist in dreams otherwise, hooves that shook the ground, literally, the ability to summon storms and fire, and to inflict sickness on horses they despised or just wanted to cause trouble for.

Was a horse that didn't stick to a traditional diet really all that outlandish? Aten himself did not think so, but there was not much that phased the golden stallion. His calm facade and rational way of thinking helped him to accept things that were not considered 'normal', so to speak. Sure, things of that nature were strange at first, but he did not find it his business to pass judgment.

Not like these other horses.

He watched as a couple of them began to move away, the bloodied mare's eyes still scanning them all. After what seemed like an eternity of standing in silence, her eyes finally met Aten's. Her tongue cleaned up the blood dripping down her lips, her eyes washing over Aten's form to inspect to see if he was a danger. Aten watched her with a calm gaze, his tail absently flicking around his flank to shake off some of the annoying insects that decided to come in to say hello.

The mare's lips curled up into what could be called a wicked smile, and she spoke with an airy tone, not giving away any sort of intentions she may be hiding behind her eyes. She questioned the stallion's identity along with his lack of fear, to which Aten simply flicked an ear before answering her, his voice low, the baritone causing a gentle rumble in his chest.

"My name is Aten," he began. "I am not afraid because I do not see a reason to be. It merely seems to me that you were enjoying your next source of food. Am I not correct?" he asked back, leaving the conversation open for whatever she wished to say next, whether it be her name, another question, or a sassy reply to his own.

@[Davina]

Messages In This Thread
    Give them hell; Aten - by Davina - 08-07-2019, 12:30 AM
    RE: Give them hell; Aten - by Aten - 08-07-2019, 01:59 AM
    RE: Give them hell; Aten - by Davina - 08-07-2019, 02:29 PM
    RE: Give them hell; Aten - by Aten - 08-08-2019, 09:58 PM