• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i'm heaven sent
    Aten tilted his head curiously when the blood bay stallion's face contorted in discomfort, causing the latter to take a step back. The golden stallion didn't understand what was upsetting the blood bay at first, only that it appeared to be causing him some form of pain. He waited patiently to see if this episode, whatever it was, would pass, but it didn't seem like it would.

The air was silent as time went on, and the blood bay stallion's mental state seemed to be worsening. He was close to a near panic when he finally spoke, and Aten didn't quite understand what he was referring to when the blood bay stallion asked about the air, mentioned a bird, and said he was pissed at Wolfbane as well.

Aten would've almost been happy to hear that, but something didn't sit right. The blood bay stallion seemed... unsure, was what he thought of, when he described his emotions about Wolfbane, almost as if they weren't his real feelings. But that was impossible, or at the very least, extremely confusing. How could the blood bay stallion name such clear emotions and yet sound so unsure when describing them?

Aten ignored the other stallion's crassness and replied in a calm voice, "So far as I know, the air is not dangerous to those not native to Beqanna. As for the matter about Wolfbane... well, perhaps you encountered him at some point, and memories of a situation that might've gone badly between you two are resurfacing?"

@[fyre] That's a cool ability. Aten hasn't encountered one like this before, so he's not sure what to make of Fyre's ability yet. He'll just try to keep Fyre calm for the time being. And I would prefer non-altered memories, but perhaps to help Aten figure it out, maybe Fyre happens to glimpse an embarrassing moment of his earlier life and mentions it? And Aten will start putting the pieces together.

You could bring up how Aten fell in a pond when he was younger and came out covered in seaweed, sand, and a couple of shells tangled in his mane, when he was trying to impress his filly friend at the time.

Messages In This Thread
    i'm heaven sent - by fyre - 08-07-2019, 03:12 PM
    RE: i'm heaven sent - by Aten - 08-08-2019, 10:11 PM
    RE: i'm heaven sent - by fyre - 08-10-2019, 11:42 PM
    RE: i'm heaven sent - by Aten - 08-12-2019, 11:05 PM