• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the night breeze carries something sweet

It is easy to be with him.

She never feels like she needs to be something that she is not. She never feels like she needs to explain to him how much she prefers the quiet to the loudness; she never feels like she needs to explain to him that she feels more like herself when she is walking amongst her mother’s gardens or when she feels that golden light of her healing uncurling into her hand and then pooling into someone else.

She also doesn’t need to explain to him how natural it feels to be with him.

How she feels like she can just be herself.

She is still shy and quiet but she is calm, feeling that familiar warmth spread through her chest when he reaches down to press his lips to her shoulder. She laughs, low and throaty before returning the gesture, lipping at his jaw and then his neck. It is an innocent, friendly gesture and she doesn’t question the way that her heart flutters just a little by the way it feels to be curled so closely next to him.

When he steps back, she glances up, looking thoughtfully at the horizon. “I’m not sure,” she says, honest always with him. “Does that make me terribly boring?” Her lips curve into a smile, her face framed by the wisteria that blooms in her growing mane. She rolls her shoulders and takes a step forward. “Maybe we can go down to the beach today? I feel like we haven’t been there in a while and it’s so beautiful.”

—LARKE—
    there is not in the wild world a valley so sweet
    as the vale in whose bosom the bright waters meet

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the night breeze carries something sweet - by larke - 09-07-2019, 09:15 PM