• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ding dong
    “Thank you,” she says softly before tasting his name on her lips, ”Aten.”

It wasn’t me, not really.  I don’t know where the hag finally decided to come from but here she was in all of her glory. Oh right. Me.  Which hole did she come through, which crack did the serpent slide through,  who left the welcome mat out for her?  Oh, right.  I did.  Apparently, I had just been wondering what she was doing  up to until a few minutes ago.  And now I detest her again, because I was doing just fine right here on my own.  In fact, I've become quite the thespian in mimicking her haughty, naughty self.  It's so like her to just shimmy in there without warning.

No whip cracking, no earth shattering, no ground breaking, no nothing to let me know she was here.  How impolite.

"It was kind of you to help out a complete stranger," I coo, blinking a couple of times for extra flair.  "My name is Jackel."

Then she dips her toe in the pool, just barely making a ripple in the body of his mind.
    Proud.
    Defiant.
    Attractive.

Why yes please, sir, do go on.  Tell me more.
    ...underline spoke of tales past and the life that once stirred in her belly...
    OK, that's enough of that.
    Ankle deep in the water, she stops moving forward.
    For now.

My eyes are wide and doe-ish now as I wriggle the rest of the way out of my twiggy situation.  Turning back to face him and dragging my metaphoric fingers along the line around his personal space, I smile at him graciously.  "Your timing was impeccable, truly, I'm so glad you found me.  Who knows how long I might've been stuck here for."  With a gentle slope of my neck, I tilt my head casually to the side, "Is there something I can do to repay you?"

@[Aten]

Messages In This Thread
    ding dong - by Jackel - 08-11-2019, 05:17 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Aten - 08-12-2019, 02:46 AM
    RE: ding dong - by Jackel - 08-13-2019, 02:13 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Aten - 08-18-2019, 10:55 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Jackel - 08-21-2019, 06:55 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Aten - 08-22-2019, 11:25 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Jackel - 08-27-2019, 07:16 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 10:58 PM