• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ding dong
    Mmm, but yes.

I am absolutely trying to be sweet on him.  Just as I would anyone else, be that his mother, grandmother, children, aunts, uncles, cousins, half sibling, second cousins twice-removed, any friends or family.  Probably even that squirrel over yonder and of course that wonky looking tree over there too.  I’ve got all this extravagant joy to share, and it would be ever so unkind of me to do it only to one person.   Just like I am now to this kindly cream colored fellow that has done me such a service today.

He almost reminds me of someone familiar.  Almost.
    But I squish that thought with a mighty, rose colored hoof and it’s on to the next one.

Now then.
    He’s saying something about not needing repayment and that he was simply happy that he was able to assist me.  
    Uh huh.

Quizzically, I look at him rather blankly, and with just a dash of skepticism, as though he might be speaking another language.  And really, he might as well have been.  Because that little snippet of dialogue just did not want to register in my pretty little ears.

“So...that’s it, huh?”

Narrowing my dark eyes, everything screams at me to do something so absurd it makes him question all things sensical.  But Haide, she sits back and settles, almost intrigued almost curious.  Maybe like the calm before a storm?  Who the hell knows, I just don’t understand the woman.  But what else can I do, but to oblige her unpredictable whims.  It’s her that’s in control of this tiff, anyway.

“Tell me, Aten, why would you want to help a complete stranger?  Aren’t you worried about who that stranger might be?”

@[Aten] Yep! She wasn't talking in his mind then, just listening to his thoughts.  She's not doing anything with her telepathy in this part. :]

Messages In This Thread
    ding dong - by Jackel - 08-11-2019, 05:17 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Aten - 08-12-2019, 02:46 AM
    RE: ding dong - by Jackel - 08-13-2019, 02:13 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Aten - 08-18-2019, 10:55 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Jackel - 08-21-2019, 06:55 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Aten - 08-22-2019, 11:25 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Jackel - 08-27-2019, 07:16 PM
    RE: ding dong - by Aten - 08-29-2019, 10:58 PM