• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Fear Controls You |Leliana|

Leliana had never known her mother or father. She had been an orphan from such a young age that it was sometimes difficult to imagine ever being upset about it. It was the only life she had ever known and, in the end, she did not regret it. Magnus had raised them knowing somehow that they were distantly related and although he was busy with many things, her pseudo-uncle had done the best he could by them.

Her and Exist had never struggled or wanted for affection.

But she feels pieces of her heart stitching together the longer that she is in this girl’s presence; the feeling of a family expanding. As the girl speaks, Leliana smiles, her red lips curving with warmth, her hazel eyes holding steady. “Ischia is beautiful,” she says simply, thinking back with a twinge of heart about the nights she had spent there—the ache around the memories tied with her time in Ischia.

Her magic sweeps over the wounds though, closing them up, and leaving her clear-eyed.

“It is a pleasure to meet you, Vita.” She is quiet for a second, thinking on what she knows and how she knows it; how strange it is to have magic that helps her navigate such things as familial ties, letting her trace them with the care of a cartographer and a newly discovered river. How she cherishes it now.

“Magic is a strange thing,” she says, abruptly, and although there are secrets in her hazel eyes, she does not intend for them to remain secrets for long. “It has its drawbacks, but one of the things I love most about it are the doors it opens for me—the connections it makes visible.” She laughs, shaking her head. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean to be vague. I simply wanted to explain how I know what I’m about to say.”

A soft smile as her eyes find Vita’s.

“We are sisters, Vita. We are sisters, and I am so happy to have met you.”

it's only you and me there until the darkness calls
    let's face the dawn together; we'll brave whatever comes

@[Vita]

Messages In This Thread
    Fear Controls You |Leliana| - by Vita - 08-12-2019, 12:48 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Leliana| - by leliana - 08-15-2019, 08:44 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Leliana| - by Vita - 08-17-2019, 11:48 AM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Leliana| - by leliana - 08-17-2019, 05:39 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Leliana| - by Vita - 08-18-2019, 02:14 PM
    RE: Fear Controls You |Leliana| - by leliana - 08-22-2019, 08:37 PM