• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The boys are back in town // Any
    He enjoys their shared conversation, the easy rhythm out settles into. Until he is reminded of his manners and shares his name. The look on her face, however brief, is enough to confirm that there is some link between them. He does not know yet what it is, but the reaction is enough that he knows she recognizes him now. 

The conversation carries on as before, (the niceties must be observed) but the feeling has changed. There is a tension now, and he waits for it to break. Still, he also registers the news of a war. A better thing then, that he had not charged straight into the kingdoms without knowing their alliances. The draconic stallion listened to his young companion's brief description of the current climate, and made a private note to explore these things more when he had opportunity. Too often survival depended pin knowning who's side you were on. 

Speaking of which.

Her smile takes him off guard, but even more so do her words. And there it is, the link between them. He blinks, unsure how to react. He could deny the connection, perhaps. But she seems certain, and he knows proof wouldn't be difficult to find. And at his sire's name, his ears twisted around uncomfortably. 

"I'm a little surprised you've heard of me. Us." He admitted, a gravelly note in his voice. He would have thought Castile had shut out that chapter in his life. The one that had resulted in he and his twin. By all accounts, the elder dragon had moved on with his life pretty quickly, and had very little to do with the twins once they'd met. A spark of his youthful impertinent nature desperately wants to resurface, but he drews it back in forcefully. This girl, Cyprin, had done nothing wrong. He wouldn't take out his childhood distress on her. Instead, he shook the feelings off. It's history. He's here about his future. "Yes, Castile sired me and my twin. But that was a long time ago. I'm sure he doesn't want to be bothered with the past." He smiled weakly, head shaking. "Where's your favorite kingdom? I'll try to find it, maybe it'll be a good fit for my sister and I." It was a poor attempt at getting the subject back on track, but he didn't know how else to proceed. 

@[Cyprin]

Messages In This Thread
    The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-15-2019, 08:30 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Cyprin - 08-15-2019, 09:48 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-15-2019, 11:18 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Cyprin - 08-15-2019, 12:32 PM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-16-2019, 10:22 AM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Cyprin - 08-19-2019, 08:28 PM
    RE: The boys are back in town // Any - by Santana - 08-20-2019, 12:20 PM